Chapter 33, Glitter and cold

A/N: This chapter might have a few errors

A/N: This chapter might have a few errors. My auto-correct seems to be on that time of the month and is being a total bitch. 

When I have Blue Jay parked in front of the mansion, I get out to grab a bag from the boot and stuff the gorgeous dress inside it

When I have Blue Jay parked in front of the mansion, I get out to grab a bag from the boot and stuff the gorgeous dress inside it. Silently, I try making my way to the door and fail at not letting the damn thing creak when I push it open.

What will Blake think of the dress?

What will he think when he founds out where I got it...

I make my way through the house and up the stairs. Silently, I open my room and find Blake fast asleep. I watch his chest rise and fall. The moonlight dancing across his exposed skin - washing it in silver light.

I wonder when Owen will be back... At least I know where he's been, but... But is the North not his enemy? I have no right to tell him with who he can be, but... Loyalty is all that keeps a gang together. If Owen isn't sure where his loyalties lie, that could mean trouble. 

You gave him the toe ring back... Of course he'll be confused. 

I tip-toe to the closet and hide the bag with the dress in there. Tomorrow, tomorrow I'll figure out what to do...

Tired, I crawl into bed and kick off my heels. It takes me hours to find sleep. I'm too tired to sleep. Too tired to do anything. And by the time the sun rises, I've probably managed an hour's worth of sleep through the constant jolts. 

I'm used to it though.

Before Blake can wake up, I get ready for the day. Firstly, I slip on some running shoes and tights with a sports-bra to finish the look. I make my way to the training room and Gareth and Falco is waiting as usual.

"Good morning, Rebma," Gareth greets.

"Hope you're ready to get your ass kicked," Falco jokes as always.

Falco's white smile is a contrasts to his dark skin and his father matches the look. These two have been a relief in the mornings. I love the way my muscles hurt after training, but if I'm honest, it's been getting easier and the pain has become an itch I need to scratch. Like a dog that needs to bite something hard when his gums itch.