Chapter 8: Breaking the shell

Gaia Star's auction of rare plants was held as scheduled. All the connoisseurs in the interstellar who were preparing to participate in the auction came to Gaia Star early by starship, fearing that they otherwise would be delayed on the road and risk missing the auction.

It goes without saying that in order to benefit the auction, Soma Auctions had promoted it online and begun to pay attention to the pre-heating on the star network from half a month ago. Their work had paid off and it had not been long before the name of the auction spread throughout the appreciation of the rare plants circle.

If someone belonged to this circle and did not know of the auction, then they may be too embarrassed to call themselves a rare plant connoisseur.

Originally, these connoisseurs had already been excited and couldn't wait to participate in the auction immediately. However just a few days before the auction began, Soma Auctions released an official message on their website, saying that they had unexpectedly added an extraordinary treasure to their next upcoming auction. The big words behind it made everyone even more thrilled and they were itching to see what it was.

Even if it was boasting, just the fact that they dared to heighten everyone's expectations and claim it on the official website, meant that even if the treasure didn't live up to the big words it must still be an outstanding treasure, better than anything the auction normally displayed.

To further tickle them the auction house had ambiguously described it to have a flower like a blushing lotus, with a color like a treasured jade....  There was still a few days left to the auction and they were anxious enough to die!

The connoisseurs who came to the auction could be said to only have been appetizing. Because on the day the auction started, everyone rushed in with only one plant in mind, the one that had made them think about it day and night, the treasure that would show up in the final of the auction.

On the other hand, after successfully entrusting the plant to the auction house, Xie Tao did not pay attention to this matter any more, he just waited for the auction to close so that he could receive his money.

It was probably just a small income, therefore Xie Tao had thought about it and decided that when he got the money, he would first go onto the star network and buy some toys for the cubs in the branch.

He had heard that many nursing clubs would build special playgrounds for cubs. Since they didn't have a playground, the least he could do was to buy them some toys.

Otherwise, these young cubs would have nothing to play with. Of course Xie Tao was willing to play with them but he couldn't stay with them for too long since he had other work to do and they where simply to many for him to care for at once. He therefore felt that toys were a necessity.

On the second day after the auction ended, Soma Auctions sent their financial supervisor to visit their big client in person. On the two sides of the bustling commercial street, he found a broken old Cub Raising branch... The financial supervisor stood in front of the rusted iron gate and almost thought that he had gotten it wrong.

How could a big client stay in a place like this??

Generally a person who can sell that kind of treasured item should have a good background, right?

Although it was a surprise, the financial supervisor did not forget what he was here for today and quickly opened the gate and found the target of his trip.