THIRTY

BELLA

I pulled my brown hair into a sleek ponytail, letting it hang behind me. I stared at my reflection in my mirror. My face looked better after I ate and took a short nap. The dress I had on was red and it belonged to Mae. It surprised me how I was able to fit in it but it clung to my body and made it hard for me to part my legs.

The door opened and I looked to see Wade walking in. He shut the door and turned to me. His eyes scanned my body.

"Oh", he said softly, "that's a pretty dress"

I smiled, "It's Mae's"

"I see", he walked slowly towards me, "I honestly can't remember the last time I saw you in a dress", he said, "you look beautiful princess"

His voice was sober and his dark green eyes looked sad. Something was wrong.

"What's wrong?", I asked as he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me close to him

"It's nothing", he forced a smile at me and kissed my forehead lightly, "I wanted to talk you actually. I need to tell you something"

He released me and moved to the bed. He sat on the edge, patting the space next to him. I motioned to sit next to him.

"About what?"

"Your mom"

My heart raced, "what happened to her?"

"Nothing new Bella, relax", he said holding my hand and squeezing lightly, "your mom knew about the Raiders"

I arched an eyebrow, "What? How?"

"My mom told her", he said, "she trusted her with a lot of things. I talked to her when we visited. She made me realize a lot actually"

I frowned. My mom kept secrets about Wade from me. It seemed like everyone was keeping one secret or another from me but I could at least understand her. Noah, on the other hand...

"Is that why my dad didn't like you?", I asked, "because you were the son of a criminal?"

He furrowed his eyebrows together. "I don't think that was it", he said, "the reason why your dad didn't like me will forever remain a mystery to everyone Bella", he said and I laughed.

He smiled, "I'm glad you're laughing again"

I smiled shyly at him. It felt good to laugh.

"We're going to get your mom today", he said, "a lot of things are going happen but I want you to never doubt that I love you"

I frowned. Something was wrong with Wade. I couldn't quite tell what it was but I had a sick feeling in my stomach that I didn't like. I wondered if he was scared

"Wade...", I said softly.

"Yeah?"

"You'd tell me if something was wrong right?"

"Yeah", he said and he reached behind me and pulled my hair out of its ponytail, "I like it when it's down", he said, beaming as he stood up.

I stood up to face him. "A kiss for good luck?", he asked grinning.

"That's highly superstitious, there's no way a kiss..."

"Bella...", He interrupted.

"Yes?"

"Shut up"

He pulled me closer to him and covered my mouth with his in a hungry kiss. His lips were soft and warm, his breath, cold and his taste, slightly minty. I put my arms around his neck, opening my mouth and letting a low moan escape.

"Hey, I'm...", a voice said.

Wade groaned and released me. He turned around. "Hey Megan", he said in a sarcastic tone.

"I'm leaving now", she said pressing her lips together and staring at her feet.

He turned to stare at me, "you're going with her", he said softly.

"What about you?", I asked worriedly

"I'll be okay", he said planting a kiss on my forehead, "you'll be the first person your mom sees when she gets out", he said and I smiled at the thought

"Take care of her", Wade said to Megan who simply nodded and stared at him with a sad look in her eyes. Something was really going on.

WADE

"Want to tell me why we're here?", Mae asked as she stopped the car in front of the police department.

"No", I said looking outside the window, "pass me the guns"

She grabbed her handbag from the back seat and took out two guns. She handed them to me and I hid it in my suit.

"Since when do you use two guns?", she rose one brow, "Megan does that", she added, rolling her eyes.

"I want them to notice me", I smirked at her.

"I don't know what you're about to pull off right now", she frowned, "but I have a feeling it's crazy"

"You're cute", I said, "did Axel tell you where the rendezvous point is?", I asked and she nodded

I smiled at her, "you're like the little sister I never had", I said, "I love you and I am officially giving you my blessing to be with Axel"

She arched an eyebrow but I noticed her eyes softened, "I've never needed your blessing to be with Axel"

I laughed and glanced at my watch, "I have to go now. I'll see you whenever"

Hopefully, I thought as I opened to door.

"Wade", Mae said and I looked back at her, "I won't visit you in jail if you get arrested or attend your funeral if you die"

I chuckled, "I'll settle for your tears then and we both know you'll cry", I got out of the car, "be safe"

She nodded and said, "you too", and then she drove away.

I watched Mae's car drive down the road and I looked around, taking in the scenery around me. No one paid any attention to me. I had always felt weird about going out in public- as though other people could somehow tell the kind of person I was just by looking at me but now that I stood, on the side of the road- I realized the world was just as blind as my father had said it was and I was just as invincible as everyone believed Wade Steele was.

I turned around and walked into the blue and white building. Once I was inside, no one paid any attention to me. Only a few people glanced at me, their eyes scanning my appearance. I took a deep breath.

"This better go well", I muttered under my breath

"Good day, ladies and gentlemen!", I pushed my hands into the hidden pockets at the front of my suits and took out the guns. I rose them up above my head, "my name is Wade Steele, I am the leader of the Californian Raiders"

A woman screamed and hid behind a desk she was working on. Some of the men police men around took out their guns and pointed them at me. Not too far away, I noticed a woman hold her son next to me- her eyes filled with fear as she stared at me. I was finally visible.

"Drop your weapons!", one of the police men yelled. He was ready to shoot me if I didn't comply.

"Sure", I said as I dropped the guns and grinned at him, "now how about you take me to your leader"