Like it was our first- 102

Bakugou pov
I checked the picnic basket I had bought Monday night. "Fruit, check. Wine, check. Sushi, check-" I listed off all the food and drink that I'd be taking, making sure it was all there. Once assured, I closed the lid and placed the picnic blanket on top. I wanted to make sure I had enough time to set up, so despite being an hour before the actual picnic, I grabbed my keys and headed out.

As I placed down the blanket on the sun-kissed grass, I was grateful that the area where we had our first picnic was empty, meaning we could have it. Putting down different plates of food and cutlery, I began realising something; I was actually happy to be outside, to be doing something. Over the years, I had never had excitement for anything, as if everything I did was a chore. Though whilst setting up the perfect setting, I knew in that moment I was excited. It wasn't a date, and I knew that, though I could still pretend, imagine what it'd be like.

Wow, I wanted to kiss him. I first saw him walking between the trees that enclosed us, and I could already feel myself grow more and more nervous. I couldn't help but fall in love with him again and again and again, just seeing Eijirou would make my heart burst. The warmth from the sun made him glow, golden and incredible. How he was effortlessly being himself was artistic in a way, like I was staring at a beautiful, kinetic painting. "This looks great Katsuki." He smiled at me shyly, and of course I didn't know how to react.
"You think?" He nodded reassuringly. "Well, errr, please sit." Eijirou did as asked, and placed himself down near to me, close enough to where I could feel his presence fully.
"So this is nice." He said, looking around and letting the golden light discover his face. I started preparing two plates with food before then pouring two glasses of wine. "Thank you."
"So where you staying?" I asked, trying to start a conversation; a calm, friendly one.
"Hotel Lui, the one by the river." Eijirou bit into a piece of sushi.
"Oh yeah, I've heard of it." I recalled the building, extremely big with nice interior and exterior , very expensive. "Surprised you got a room, that hotel is usually packed." I would know, since when planning for- for our first time, I originally planned on booking there.
"I know, but work got it for me, so." Causally he shrugged, still eating away.
"Wouldn't be shocked if you'd have to share a room with another guest, aha." I tried humour, I wish I hadn't. Clearly it didn't work as Eijirou awkwardly laughed before looking down at the ground.
"Umm-" he paused for a moment, "well nope, it's just me in there, all alone." Looking back up at me, he smiled wearily.

I wasn't surprised to see the change in our dynamic. Our conversations didn't flow as well, and we were both rather stiff; yet I enjoyed every minute of it. We talked about work, friends, family, it was all so peaceful. It felt so surreal, but, it also felt like the most realist moment in the past two years. It had made all that time feel as if I was asleep, and now I was finally waking up. It was all to do with Red; Red, Red, Red. A word I had seen as a curse for years now felt liberating to say, when he finally told me I could. "You know you can still call me Red, right?" He laughed, and so did I.
"And you can call me Kat." It was as if that hour was a glimpse into the past, and what life could be like. We were just meant to be friends, though I hated that. I wanted to tell him, show him how I felt, but he said he had moved on, and I wasn't going to embarrass myself.

To pull me out my thoughts, Red shuffled closer to me, next to me. The sunset was displayed in front of us; a performance of a thousand colours dancing to make one beautiful piece. "The sky is gorgeous." His voice was so soft.
"Yeah, yeah it is."
"Kat?"
"Yeah?" Suddenly I felt his hand move over mine, and butterflies erupted inside of me.
"I know we're just friends, like I get it- but can we just enjoy this moment?" He asked nervously, poetically.
"Umm- y-yeah." I looked at his face briefly, he was blushing. God I missed seeing that expression, so sweet and innocent. Then, I rested my head on his shoulder, looking deeply into the sky. I just wanted to enjoy the brief time I had with the boy I loved, the boy who'd be leaving on Sunday, the boy who had moved on.