30

White heaven-bound birds were as brilliant rays from wind-dappled sea-water; their brightness amid otherwise infinite blue, gliding as free souls. In each wing-given arc they were the tips of a conductor's wand, a music for both eyes and soul, bringing a wave of sweet earthly joy.

It was one of those baby-blue skies, not the psychedelic candy-blue nor the washed out grey so characteristic of wintry mornings. The clouds were as puffs of radiant joy, ready to disperse into the wind, to travel our Earth.

The girl that had left you wondering over her whereabouts since this morning, is now standing right there beside the door.

Her arms are crossed over her chest, body comfortably leaning to the side with one leg casually crossed over the other.

Lisa resembles a model about to take a photoshoot.

Taehyung pulls the car over the driveway before parking it there. He's the first to slide out from his seat and much to your surprise, opens the door for you. A blush creeps up to your face. Jungkook giggles under his breath in a teasing manner, leaning forward from where he sat at the back to playfully whisper in your ear.

"He's nice isn't he? Perfect boyfriend material."

"How would you know?" You swat your hand behind you but your brother avoids if with a laugh.

"Don't forget the bags." You murmur to him before stepping out, thanking Taehyung with a subtle nod. He doesn't exactly notice you doing that. Something on his phone's keeping him busy. You notice Jungkook appearing beside you empty handed.

"Kook, the bags."

He cutely widens his eyes in realization. "Oh right."

"I believe you three had a good time, yeah?"

Taehyung's footsteps behind you are drowned by the sound of the plastic bags Jungkook's bringing over.

Lisa pushes on. "Well?"

There's a playful smile stretching across her face as she welcomes each one of you inside the house, but you don't miss the way her eyes peer through the opening of the bags.

You shove one plastic at her and watch back in amusement as she smiles in ecstasy.

Jungkook inclines his head, freshly strawberry-colored hair flinging down his forehead when he answers."Yup. When did Jin hyung drop you?"

Oh. So that's where she's mysteriously disappeared off to.

"A while ago."She responds with a forced grin, throwing her arm around your brother's shoulders. Jungkook flinches when Lisa suddenly glides her down and pats him on the back. With a smack. "You weren't suppose to know but I guess some of us here can't keep a secret."

Jungkook piches his lips into a pout, wincing in discomfort a before mouthing out the words "I'm sorry. I forgot."

You abandon the two communicating in loud whispers, making your way past the hallway and into that spacious room.

Jungkook's defensive grumbles eventually fade as you drown deeper into the walls, but you can't help the chuckle that leaves your mouth when you hear what Lisa's got to say next.

"Y/n, may look like she doesn't give a damn about anything going on around her, but I know that girl like the back of my hand." She says, clenching her jaw in embarrassment. "She's gonna tease me now because of you, you little brat."

She's not wrong though. You chuckle silently.

With the bags all settled above the coffee table inside the living room, you then make your way upstairs to your room.

Your footsteps gently pad across the wooden floor, lonely echoes floating the hallway until you feel a gentle tap on your shoulder.

But when you turn, you could've sworn your heart just bounced an inch to the side out of surprise.

"At least warn me that you're here." Disgruntled, you tell the boy who appeared out of nowhere. You plant your hand against the left side of your chest in an attempt to comfort your heart that's beating like crazy. "I thought I was gonna die from a heart attack."

"I called your name." He says, cocking an eyebrow up. "Guess you didn't hear me."

Taehyung's intense gaze burns the back of your head as you unlock the door to your room, leaving it open in case he wants to come in too. I mean, he followed you up here for a reason right? It'd be funny if he suddenly return downstairs after coming up here. Then again, that doesn't sound like a bad idea.

It would be rude of you to just slam the door and leave him stranded there in the middle of the hallway too.

You make a beeline to your desk and settle on your seat the notice Taehyung still standing beside the door frame, barely touching the floor of your room."Are you gonna come in or not?"

He quirks a brow.

"My last experience here wasn't that welcoming though."He says. "I even left with a black cheek."

Plugging in the charger of your phone, you then turn to give the man a knowing look. "That's because you basically stepped in without me knowing. I mean who wouldn't react the way I did?" When you shrug your shoulders, the fabric of your shirt rises in motion. "You could've at least knocked."

As if to mock you, Taehyung raises a fist and knocks on your door with a smug smirk on his face.

"That's not what I meant." You grumble with bored expression contouring your face. But you don't seem to mind his action.

He shrugs. "At least I know you won't hurt me now." He muses before casually plopping himself on your bed. His body naturally bounces with the impact, and you refuse to prolong your time at the sight.

You try to erase the memory of when his shirt traveled up to reveal the smooth skin of his stomach. You saw valleys and slopes. It's not flat. That you're certain.

You slap your cheek.

"You okay?" Taehyung asks in concern, looking up from his phone.

"What? Yeah, I'm good." If you ignore the fact that you sounded like a pervert just a few seconds ago. You quickly turn around to face your desk, picking up a random object and playing with it. By doing this, you hope to cool down the heat all over your face.

You can't believe you were checking him out.

Geez Y/n, get a hold of yourself.

"This is cute." When you turn from taking unnecessary doodles on a pad, you find your favorite heart plushie between Taehyung's fingers. The red one, with a blue and yellow polka dots for an outfit. They're engaging in a heated staring contest.

"Yeah. It's cute." You hesitantly say, going back to scribbling on your note pad. Something in the back of your head is telling you to head out while you still can. It's suddenly suffocating here. As if the atmosphere had turned humid even though the air conditioner's on. Maybe it's just you.

The sweat forming in your hands proves that it's just you.

"Where'd you get it?" His voice suddenly shifts an octave lower and the air abruptly grows stiff.

You momentarily pause to stare at the wall, before looking back at the paper that's splayed flat in front of you.

"From a close friend of mine."