THREE

Serena waited.

Luca was 5 minutes late and it annoyed her. She had always been the type of person to be early for everything but never late.

He already had knocked 10 points off his chart in her mind.

She was stupid not to get his number yesterday though she was really excited to meet him today. She wore her favourite dress. A black skater dress. Clare always told her, black was her colour and she looked hot in this dress. She had paired the dress with a pair of black wedges. She knew she looked hot. Now Luca had to come and see her looking hot.

She needed the money to pay tomorrow’s rent so she waited for another couple of minutes just as a black SUV pulled up next to her. The black tinted windows rolled down and she saw Luca sat in the driver's seat.

“Sorry I'm late. I had to make a quick phone call to let him know we're on our way,” he apologised  and Serena nodded, a smile on her face.

So it was for a friend then. 

“It's alright,” She replied and climbed into the passenger's seat. Closing the door behind her, she turned to Luca and sent a small smile his way.

He didn't even say she looked hot. 10 more points taken away from the chart.

“Ready to go?” he asked as she clicked in her seat belt. 

“Yes. I need to know more about your friend though, so I don't go in there looking like a headless chicken,” She mumbled and Luca laughed, as he started driving.

“He's in prison,” Luca said, glancing at Serena for a reaction.

“Excuse me?” Serena asked a little shocked.

She needed a minute to process the new information. She's didn't understand what was going on. Was she supposed to meet the guy in prison? Was she supposed to meet his family there? What was she supposed to do?

“Yeah he's in prison. I know I should have said something before arranging the whole meeting, but he needed someone and no one is willing to go to prison anymore-” Luca tried to explain, as he took a right onto another road, “Listen, Serena, all you've got to do is go inside and well do your thing. Everything is already arranged,” Luca said, hoping Serena will agree to it.

Questions were flying through her head. She didn't know which one to grasp onto. Why was he in prison? What was she supposed to do there? Didn't she look a little dressy for a prison meet? Was the guy nice? What was his name?

“Look, I talked to Clare about this. I was willing to do her shoot for free if you could just meet him. I'm also paying you double as well,” Luca said, his voice full of desperation.

Why was he so desperate for her to meet this guy? Was she supposed to pretend that she loved him?

“We're nearly there. Serena, will you do it?” Luca asked as he glanced at her. She was thinking. 

“I'll do it,” Serena replied knowing if she didn't get her money this week, they would get kicked out of their apartment. She didn't know when Clare was able to make her money again. She did know that Clare was working on yesterday's video all night, editing it herself. Serena heard all the grunts and moans from her room last night. She couldn't sleep.

“Oh fuck thanks,” Luca sighed in relief. He knew if he didn't get anyone for Carlo this week, shit was going to hit the fan. Carlo might be in a prison cell, but even Luca knew as his best friend, what Carlo was capable of.

Serena stayed quiet the rest of the way until they pulled up next to the huge prison. It looked like an abandoned old haunted house from the outside. She hoped it was abandoned and it wasn't really a prison.