Forty Two

I was immediately pushed to the ground. I knew the body on top of mine was Taehyung's; he was protecting me.

"Where's Ara?!" I heard someone yell. I knew the voice so I called out, but it was muffled since I was crushed against the ground.

"Taehyung I'm gonna need you to get off of me now," I start to push up on my arms, lifting him slightly. He gets the message and rolls off of me, looking at me with fear in his eyes.

The gunshots hadn't ceased, in fact they were never ending. People were running around like crazy people trying to get out, all pawns in this game. I saw some get shot dead, only a few feet away, and I felt my stomach churn.

"Ara! There you are!" Namjoon reaches down and pulls me up from the ground. He immediately pushes me behind him and steps behind a large pillar, shielding us both.

"Taehyung get over here," I hiss, seeing him still lying on the ground in the open, just asking to get shot. He shoots up and runs over, pushing me behind him so now there's two people in front of me.

At first I only hear the deafening sound of the other sides gunshots, and I could only assume who they were. But then I heard a few extra loud ones and peaked out behind Taehyung and Namjoon. Standing behind a pillar of his own, Yoongi loads a large gun, looking very scary with the look on his face.

"Really assholes!?" He yells as he fires another shot, hitting someone who had just come in the ballroom doors.

"Hey," I turn to Namjoon, who now holds a pistol in his hands. "Got another one of those?"

"Ara I don't think-"

"I'm the fighter Taehyung," I cut him off, holding my hand out to Namjoon, who's unhooking another pistol from his belt. "Not you," Namjoon places the gun in my hand and I load it quickly. "Let me do what I do best, and protect you."

I turn on my heel and lean around the pillar to see if I have any chance of getting to where Yoongi was right now. It was close enough, and would give me a better vantage point to shoot. I had to take the chance.

"Cover me," I say to Namjoon. He looks skeptical at first but nods, and begins firing away.

I pick up my dress and run as fast as I can to Yoongis pillar, making it just as a bullet zooms past my head.

"Ara, what the fuck?" Yoongi growls at me, still firing away. "You should've stayed back."

"Ha you thought," I snort, turning around and firing my gun, hitting someone in the leg.

"Hey guys," Jungkook suddenly slides next to us, a gun the size of Yoongis in his hand. "What a party, am I right?" he jokes.

"Really?" I roll my eyes at him.

"Not the time Kook," Yoongi groans, turning around and reaching into his pocket for more amo.

"Where was all this stuff?" I gesture to the guns all around. Jimin and Hoseok were to our left, firing away with their own weapons while Namjoon, Taehyung, and now Jin were farther back, helping as much as they could.

"You think we'd throw a huge party with tons of guests and not be prepared for something to go wrong?" Jungkook raises an eyebrow at me.

"No," I admit. "I was a little weary too," I pull up my dress, revealing the knife that's sheathed and held against my leg by a red garter. "Guess it's coming in handy."

I pull the knife from its spot and start to cut along my dress. It was too big for this, only an added nuisance. I struggled to cut all the way around but eventually the whole bottom half of my dress fell down to the ground. Jungkook and Yoongi gulped, trying to look anywhere but me.