Chapter 7 - Little Perfections

Streaks of sunlight penetrating through the sheer curtains concealing the glass door of the balcony, fell over her eyes as she slowly opened them. She tried moving but there was resistance. Frowning she looked aside. Shoot! No. 

..Shivaay.

She blinked, shocked. She sighed inaudibly rubbing her fingers on her forehead. Right! He had come back the previous day. It wasn't a dream. He was back for real. The fact did not fill her with warmth as it was supposed to. There pounced into action her concern.

His face near her shoulder was tempting. His perfect lips, his few days old stubble. His nose - the one she loved rubbing hers with. She gazed at him. Tears forming in her eyes. She was tired of this unknown overwhelming feeling. She tried moving out of bed. 

Alas!

Her leg was over his, right between his legs. While his other leg was over hers. His hand on her waist keeping her close. She smiled involuntarily. It made her feel nice. Someone to stay entangled with. Specifically him. To stay tangled with him.

Was she going through a premenstrual syndrome? Well quite likely. Cause she had no idea of those extreme feelings she had been experiencing for over a day now. Nice way of blaming nature!

She moved her eyes to the alarm clock. It was just a few minutes past six. She could sleep for some more time at least until he got up. For she had no experience in getting untangled from this mess of a position. Perhaps she did not want to. Or maybe the former more.

* * *

He stretched his arm up into the air and was going to flip over to sleep with his abdomen against the mattress. That's when he realized there was no place. If he hadn't opened his eyes slightly he would've collided with her sleeping form. A charming smile curved up his face. He placed his elbow on the pillow and scooted upwards. Resting his head on his hand he gazed at her. His fingers made way to her black locks. Gently, he ran his fingers through those silky tresses. His eyes hungrily sinking in the features of her face. His pretty wife.

His fingers stilled when his gaze stopped at her lips. There he was losing his control. Just a kiss away. He slowly bent down. His lips inches away from hers. He then realized she was sleeping. He didn't want to wake her up. She seemed exhausted the previous day. Placing a feather kiss on her head he sat up, slowly pulling his leg away from hers. 

The smile was inevitable. He was smiling like an idiot he knew. But he couldn't help it. It was so good to be back home. Stretching himself he walked to the bathroom. Soon life would change and reach that milestone of perfection he had dreamed of. 

* * *

Anika was mad at herself for sleeping so late. But she couldn't deny the fact that she slept well after so many days. She hurried about the kitchen preparing breakfast while Pinky was making tea. 

"Where is Shivaay ?"

"I don't know Mumma. He isn't at home."