Chapter Sixty Two - Finale

I breathed in when I found my balance and steadied myself. I nearly slipped from stepping on my dress.

"Miss, please be careful!" Xiao Yu worriedly assisted me towards my father's study room.

"Fan'er, why are you up so early? You should be resting." Father beamed when he saw me and ushered me to take a seat.

"Father, I need to exercise!" I stretched my numbing legs, "I can't stay cooped up in my room."

Father laughed and gestured for Xiao Yu to prepare the sour plums for me. Xiao Yu bowed her head and went to wash the basket of fruits.

"Are you feeling well these days?" Father quickly queried, "The doctor will be coming later to check on you."

"Yes father. I feel totally fine!" I assured him.

Aside from the occasional backaches, the numbness of my muscles, and the contractions these past days, I am perfectly fine.

"That's good to hear."

Xiao Yu came back with a plate of sour plums and set it before me. I quickly took one and bit on it. Xiao Yu cringed just thinking of the taste.

One of father's soldier came in and reported that he was needed in the military camp. Father nodded his head and motioned for his soldier to go first.

"Fan'er, I'll be leaving first. I'll see you later." Father bid me farewell and I waved him goodbye.

"Miss, what are we going to do today?" Xiao Yu asked.

"How about we stroll around the marketplace?" I suggested, placing the half eaten plum back on the plate.

"Miss, master won't allow it." Xiao Yu shook her head.

"Don't worry. He isn't here." I snorted.

Chen Mu had stayed in the imperial capital and only came to visit me at least once a month. I did understand that he's a prince and he has his own responsibilities so I really can't blame him. But last month, he wasn't able to come because he helped prepare Crown Prince Chen Heng Li and Crown Princess Shu Ming An's marriage. So instead, he sent Prince Mo Li to come and pester me. Including Riu.

Yu Lang entered the room and seeing the plums on the table, he quickly took one. His face crunched in disgust as the tanginess hit his taste buds.

"Eek, this is terrible!" He spat.

"Who told you to eat my food?" I laughed.

Ever since we came back from the Han Empire, Yu Lang has decided to serve me. Thus, I brought him with me back in the Western Border.

Remembering the reason why he came, Yu Lang informed me that Chen Mu was on his way here.

"I guess we can't go to the marketplace then." I pouted.

"Miss, how about finishing your stitch work?" Xiao Yu reminded me.

"Fine." I said and stood up. We all walked back to my courtyard and Xiao Yu brought out the clothes I was working on.

"Miss, what do you think? Will it be a little master? Or a little miss?" Xiao Yu grinned as she looked at my protruding belly.

I rubbed my tummy, "Xiao Yu, what if I wasn't really pregnant? And I just swallowed a whole watermelon?"

"Miss!"

"Hah! Xiao Yu, I was only jesting." I laughed but clutched my stomach when it contracted.

Xiao Yu saw my pained expression and swiftly kneeled in front of me, rubbing my tummy, "Miss..."

After a few minutes, I was able to relax when the pain went away. I gestured for Xiao Yu to stand up and told her I was feeling better now.

I took the cloth on one hand and the needle in another, then started sewing. Since we were not sure whether it will be a girl or a boy, I chose white fabric to work on.

"Miss, is that a fried egg?" Yu Lang curiously asked behind my back. I felt a vein pop in my temple.

What fried egg?

This is a flower!

Seeing my darkened expression, Yu Lang quickly excused himself and escaped towards the kitchen. That foodie!

Xiao Yu also took a peek and clapped her hands, "Miss really is talented! You really did sew a fried egg!"

"This is a flower!"

Xiao Yu stopped clapping and cleared her throat, "Ah, yes Miss. Its a pretty flower, the petals are quite unique..."

Sighing, I ignored Xiao Yu and continued what I was doing. I can't blame them if they can't distinguish a work of art.

"A fried egg?"

I looked up and glared at the man who was now standing in front of me.

"Do you want me to fry your egg?!"

Xiao Yu hurriedly scramble out of my courtyard and left me with an amused Chen Mu.

"Fan'er..." He coyly said my name, taking the cloth and needle from my hands. He placed them on the table and pulled me up.

He was about to hug me but seeing the bump in front of me, he turned me away from him and hugged my back instead.

"Did you miss me?"

"Mm..." I answered.

"Really?"

"Mm..."

"Why are you wet?" Chen Mu suddenly asked.

What do you mean wet?

"I'm pregnant!" I turned to face him and hit him in the chest. This beast, can't even wait for his child to be born!

"I mean..." Chen Mu's face reddened, "I wasn't talking about that."

"Then what?" I raised my brows as I saw the wet marks on his clothes. I instinctively reached for the back of my dress.

"My water broke!"

The Bai Manor was turned upside down as their mistress went into labor. After a night of bloody screaming, Bai Fan gave birth to a healthy baby boy and named him Chen Yu Lian.

When Bai Fan saw her little angel, she was ecstatic, thankful that the universe had played with her and brought her to another world. She was able to experience life in a different way and share this life with the people she came to love.

But who would have known that the universe didn't want to stop playing with her? Before Bai Fan could realize what was happening, her soul was sucked in a deep, swirling abyss.

"Will you stay here? Or will you go back to your original life?"

THE END.

Just started Book II. It will answer some of your questions ho ho :3