17: Lucifer

As the swords clashed, the force due to the collision of their swords made other less powerful soldiers stagger backward. Jimin had an upper hand as he was a dual element user: water and wind and could combine the element to form ice. King Taejong was thrown to the ground and one of the knights from Euphoria came to aid his King.

Pyracea was winning this war, however, there was not even a hint of distress or concern on Taejong's face. His neutral expression stirred feelings of uneasiness inside Jimin's stomach.

Taking this as an opportunity Jimin carefully examined the surrounding. The army of Euphoria was just slightly more than the army of Pyracea which raised more suspicion in the young lord since Euphoria's manpower was half than usual.

Euphoria always had an advantage when it came to number as all the kings of the mortal land were on their side. Mortal regarded creatures of the dark as monsters as they fed on human blood, therefore, wanted to exterminate every single soul in Pyracea.

Jimin could tell something was fishy.

One of the knights assisting Taejong swung his sword towards Jimin aka Lucifer which he swiftly dosed. Being the most elite warrior of Pyracea, he could easily handle almost five of the elite knight along with the king from the enemy country.

Jimin's eyes went wide as realization hit his mind. Only two knights were assisting the king today whereas there always used to be four to five. He wandered his eyes in search of Blue Fury and Sunwrath but both were nowhere to be found.

Doubts and fears crept into him and he immediately withdrew and went to the second commander of the warfare Park Chanyeol.

"Handle things here I'm heading back to the Pyracea along with a few soldiers."

Park Chanyeol was utterly confused by his order but didn't dare to defy him, therefore, nodded his head in agreement. He mentally prayed for his suspicion to come wrong as he headed back to the capital of Pyracea; Death Valley

With a wide grin, the soldier raised the dagger to end the life of the princess of Pyracea when multiple needles made up of ice shredded his body into pieces painting the men standing behind with blood.

The aura in the room suddenly got darker making everyone shiver at their core. A man in his dark armor stood protectively in front of the princess with his fangs showing and eyes glowing red as he fiercely glared at his enemies.

"Don't you even dare to lay a finger on my woman" he hissed in a threatening low voice.

"How is it possible! How did he figure it out?" Minseok froze in his spot as he stared at the man defending the princess in front of them.

Minseok had never seen Lucifer's face, after all, they always fought wearing armor with a helm but the chills he got as the silver-haired guy appeared made him that the man standing before him was the greatest warrior in all three realms.

Without thinking twice Seokjin teleported them outside the Pyracea using the Portal he had carried with him.

"That was close " Jin was panting heavily when Hoseok spoke.

"Why did you bring us back, we could have taken him down, he was clearly outnumbered?" Minseok huffed a humorless laugh at Hoseok's naiveness.

"It was us that was outnumbered. Thanks to Lord Seokjin that we were able to escape or else we would be torn into pieces like that soldier" Minseok's statement had Hoseok's mouth wide open in shock.

"His majesty with all four of his royal knight could never defeat him what makes you think we could" Minseok signaled the guards to release Taehyung.

"Let's go Your Highness" Hoseok spoke by placing his hand on the crown prince's shoulder.

Suddenly, Taehyung flung toward Minseok, in a lightning speed and stabbed him in the back. All the other people present there gasped in shock at their crown prince's sudden impulsive action.

"Kimeron Taehyung" Seokjin yelled in rage.

"Oops, I think I just missed your heart" Taehyung whispered into Minseok's ear who was shrieking in pain. Madness was distinctly evident in his eyes as he spoke those words with a malicious smile.

"But I promise you if you touch her again I won't repeat the same mistake" Taehyung's expression transformed into a threatening one as he glared at the people before him. Some soldiers even peed in their pants thinking about what the ruthless prince might do to them.

Taehyung pulled out the sword that was plunged deeply into Minseok's back and threw him to the ground. Minseok again let out a scream filled with pain as he hit the ground forcefully.

Seokjin quickly crouched down to help Minseok who was on the ground wincing in pain.

A creepy smile again crept on the crown prince's face as the pure insanity reflected in his eyes. When he said he would burn them alive he was not joking at all. At that point, they all knew they were doomed after they reached the castles and their prince would make sure of that.