EP 11: SEAWEEDS

Episode 11: Seaweeds

I unbuttoned the first two buttons of my shirt, putting on my suit. Heading over to Charlotte's door step, I planned on ringing the door bell but I didn't really have to. The door flew open, with a panic striken Charlotte grabbing her purse.

" I'm ready! How do I look?" She popped her lips after applying her lip gloss.

Scanning her from head to toe, I had to give it to her -- she looked beautiful.
Her blonde curls were pulled into a fishtail braid along with that long white dress that displayed all her curves.

" Beautiful.." I breathed out, still trying to close my mouth that was ajar.

" Oh I better look beautiful, it took years to clean up the mess I was!" She huffed, hooking her arm around mine.

Laughing at her remark, I held the car door open for her. I might be gay or bisexual ( still trying to figure out ), but I was still a gentleman.

I realised maybe Charlotte is exactly what I need, a distraction from Alexander and his cute dimpled smile.

It didnt take long till we reached Mr Claude's large mansion was was literally in the heart of the city.
I noticed Charlotte rubbing her hands nervously.

Parking the car outside his mansion, I titled Charlotte's face to my direction.
" You'll do fine alright? Don't worry I got'cha back." I winked at her stunned expression.

Swallowing hard, she pointed to something behind me.
" Urm...Gabriel do you happen to know a Greek God..?" She squeaked out. Whipping my head around, I screamed.

" AHHH WHAT THE FUCK ALEX?!" He grinned like a maniac as he peeked into my car. Pushing the door open harshly, I eyed him annoyingly.

" You have a date.." he trailed, placing a kiss on Charlotte's hand the moment she neared us.

Clearing my throat, I smiled sweetly at a love sick Charlotte.
" Char, could you give us a minute."

She nodded wordlessly, still dazed as she walked up the flight of stairs in a dizzy manner.

Girls.

The moment she was out of sight, I pulled Alex by his tie towards me.
I heard him suck in a breath, when he realised our lips were inches apart.
" Do you enjoy ruining my dates Wilde?" I asked him in a deadly tone.

His tongue poked out to lick his kissable lips.
" I thought you were..." he was hoping for me to finish his sentence.

" Gay? Bisexual? A loner? Spit it out Alex, I told you already -- its just a label, not a sin." I rolled my eyes.

He smiled at me arrogantly, it took him some time to regain back his confidence.

He placed his hand over mine which automatically loosened my grip around his tie.

" Oh don't worry about me, Gab. I have a date too." He emphasised which felt more like he was stabbing my heart. Makinh the wound deeper than it already was.

As if planned, an exotic woman sashayed her way to his side. Her dark green dress hugged ger body like second skin. Since I was still at the end of night a man with needs, my eyes lingered on her chest.

I wasn't impressed. Maybe just a tad bit jealous that she could have her claws running down his chest as though it was completely normal. But if I were to do that, it would have beeen the biggest sin in history.

" Hello there, you must be Gabriel. Oh Alexander, you have such a cute baby brother!" I nearly vomited blood upon hearing her words that laced with a thick Russian accent.

So much for friend zone, now I'm degraded to being his baby brother. Life couldn't possibly get any better.

Alex corrected, " He's my friend, Melanie."

I was honestly too numb to feel any emotion. Melanie giggled, I on the other hand, tried pinching myself -- hoping that this was all just a dream.

Coughing, I pulled Alexander towards me once more.
" Which sea aquarium did you get her from? She looks like a fucking sea weed." I commented which made him burst out laughing.

With that, I left him laughing with his clueless seaweed by his side...

Let the games begin, if he thinks he can make me jealous that easily, I'll show him that two can play that game.

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪

The night didn't turn out as bad as I thought, Charlotte was great company especially by the fact that she was a bit tipsy.

" You know sometimes I..." she took another sip of her red wine, " think you secretly have a crush on someone..." she swirled her glass in the air.

" Do you now?" I raised an eyebrow, an amused smile on my lips.

" Yes, she must be really pretty..." she gave me a small smile, my expression fell slightly upon hearing that she thought my crush was a girl.

" Well, you're wrong Char. How about we drop this topic and--" without letting me complete my sentence, she pulled me towards the dance floor where couples were waltzing.

" Dance with me Gabriel!" I twirled her around which made her realese a bubble of giggles.

She's clearly drunk.

I was thankful she didn't behave inappropriately despite being drunk. I sensed a pair of eyes on me. I felt deja vu when my eyes met his familiar toffee coloured eyes.

I hated how his eyes scanned me with that smirk on his lips, as though he already figured me out.

The sight of Melanie, the green seaweed, press herself onto him made my blood boil. He even hooked his arm around her waist?!

Releasing a shaky breath, I tried to remind myself that I had no right to be jealous. Afterall, he wasn't mine.

Charlotte peered up through her eyelashes, inspecting my face.
" Is something wrong? Am I too boring?" Her eyes held sadness and trust me when I say this, a sad drunk girl is not a good combination.

I carassed her cheek, feeling guilty for just using her as a show.
" No, no Char...this night was amazing, you're amazing." I tried to reassure her.

But my tender care disappeared the moment I witnessed Melanie pull away from a kiss she shared with Alex. Something ticked within me, it was as though my jealousy was threatening to burst.

I was always the composed type of person, void of any emotion. I was doubting my mental health at a the moemnt, what was wrong with me? I felt like a hormonal teenager all over again.

Alexander's eyes met mine once more, those soft gentle brown orbs met my stormy cold blue ones.

Thinking rashly, I cupped Charlotte's face in my hands, slamming my lips onto hers.

My eyes never left Alexander's stunned ones...