32

Three Weeks Ago

Author's Pov

"First thing's first." Jin hits a stick above the surface of the table. Like a Teacher warning their noisy students to pay attention.

But for this specific scenario, Taehyung's the only one present and he isn't even making a sound.

Taehyung had told Jin that Y/n, Lisa's best friend, and Y/n, his child hood friend, are the same people.

In the past, Jin's only ever heard of Taehyung's childhood friend but had yet to see her in person.

He'd always wonder who she is or what she looked like given that his young brother showed that much interest in her.

Who'd have thought he knew her all along?

The world is indeed, such a small place.

The blond man in the room snaps his fingers in the air when an idea pops up.

Facing his brother, he says."Get her to recognize that its yo-"

"She already knows it's me." Taehyung sighs almost frustratedly, brushing his tongue below the skin of his lips before muttering out a hesitant. "I think."

There's a moment of silence that swallows the room and Taehyung gulps thickly, eyes shying away from the burning gaze of his older brother.

I mean. He did just rudely cut his brother off in the middle of his speech. And that's not something you should do.

"Sorry." He apologizes, and Jin hums before clearing his throat.

"As I was saying. Get her to somehow recall-anything that'll trigger a memory of you and once you've accomplished that." He grins smugly." Take her out then and there."

Taehyung chuckles in amusement. "Am I a hitman now?"

This earns him a matching reaction from the man sitting across him. "I mean, you might as well be. You're a man and you're trying to hit on a girl."

End Of Flashback

Y/n's Pov

"What?"

Taehyung releases a grunt as he leans forward.

His legs are parted in a comfortable manner while facing you, elbows rested above his knees as he repeats his words again.

But this time, slowly and with emphasis.

"Go on a date with me."

The sudden request had you caught off guard, like a victim getting pushed out of a plank.

No hesitation lingered his tone while saying it. As if he's done it a million times.

Your lips twitch. "Yeah-no."

You'd choose getting pushed off a plank than to go out with him.

Taehyung continues to stare as you swivel your attention to your phone, your back to him.

He knew there would be a ten percent chance you'd most likely accept his offer, but even with that in mind he still asked away.

His gaze drops to the pajama clad plushie, and he licks his lips.

"Who gave that to you, Y/n?"

You turn to find yourself directly tracing the direction of his finger and it lands on the doll sitting on top of your desk.

You had placed it there after Taehyung flung it across the room as if though it were a useless rug.

You release a sigh.