Chapter 26

Hi Everyone! I decided to put the girls' outfit choices for this chapter just to get an understanding of each of their styles.

|| ** || ** ||

Harry decides to stay for the whole week, claiming that he didn't have any important lectures going on since it was football week at his college, whatever the hell that means. Ellie was especially excited to see Harry since he was always her favorite growing up. Dad and Harry haven't always had the best relationship, they more tolerate each other than anything; probably since Harry heard all these amazing stories about dad in high school and college and immediately decided that he wanted to be nothing like him, meanwhile dad had every activity queued up for Harry for the rest of his life.

It's Friday and we all were invited to a barbeque at the Easton's (Courtney's) house for dinner and knowing her mother, it would look more like a fancy dinner party, than just a regular outdoor barbeque.

The parents and Maddie take one car and the rest of us squeeze into my car with Sebastian driving, god knows I will never let Harry touch my steering wheel. My knees' swelling has finally gone down all the way and it doesn't hurt that bad when I walk around.

We park on the curb in front of Courtney's house and jump out of the car to join our parents at the front door.

"Why do I have to be here?" Harry whines, scuffling up the walkway.

"Stop being a baby, you're worse than Maddie," Sophie rolls her eyes.

"Yeah, come on, Harold, this is going to be fun," Sebastian wraps his arm around his shoulder, shaking him. Harry rolls his eyes in response.

"If I have to be tortured by being here, so do you," my mother threatens pointing her finger at Harry.

We all stand in a clump at the doorstep as my mom rings the doorbell. Meredith Easton opens the door with flurry and proceeds to great every one of us with a dainty handshake. You would think after knowing her for more than 10 years we would be upgraded to a hug by now.

"Meredith, it is so lovely to see you again," my mother and Meredith kiss each other on the cheeks and we all move into the foyer. Us six kids stroll into the pristine kitchen that is dotted with many guests from all over the neighborhood. I spot Quinn right away with her mom and younger sister, Hope. I walk up to them with a bright smile on my face.

"Why does it feel like they invited the whole town over?" I ask leaning my head on Quinn's shoulder.

"Probably because they did, darling," Quinn's mother, Kerry brushes some hair out of my face. I groan loudly.

"I don't understand why they call it a barbeque when we all have to dress up and there isn't even a barbeque insight, not one!" I complain loudly. Quinn pats my head as she mumbles 'let it out' softly.

"Help me, my mom is trying to set me up with Trent Paisley from the Debate Team," Courtney shuffles over to us with a grimace on her face as she looks at all the entrances to this room so she can hide from her mother.

"Trent Paisley? Wasn't he the one who sent dick pics to most of the girls in our class in tenth grade?" I shudder at the memory of my innocence being tarnished forever from that picture. Quinn's mom blocks Hope's ears and mumbles about getting a snack far away from our conversation.

"And Olivia sent them out to everyone else, claiming that it was a social experiment, so she wouldn't get in trouble," Courtney giggles remembering. Olivia still got suspended but it was a pretty damn good excuse to claim that the other girls would feel left out because he had only sent the pictures to our English class.

"Only Olivia would be so extreme to humiliate someone like that," Quinn chuckles rolling her eyes.

"Who did I humiliate? They probably deserved it," Olivia appears from nowhere in a pair of jeans and a classy tank top that looks gorgeous against her caramel skin tone. I give her a side hug and she kisses my cheek.

"Who haven't you humiliated, should be the proper question," Harry pushes off the doorway and walks over to our little circle we've created.

"I was wondering where the smell of man-slut was coming from, guess I should have known," Olivia fake smiles at Harry.

"Says the actual slut," Harry retorts, rolling his eyes.

"You wound me, Harold," Olivia puts her hand on her chest in mock hurt. "What are you even doing here, couldn't handle the pressure of college?" she pouts.

"No, college is fine, I'm just visiting but I just thought to myself, 'how can today get any worse?' and then I saw your face," he shrugs with a taunting smirk.

"Stop flirting with me, Harold, people might actually think you have a personality," Olivia states with a scandalous look on her face.

"Okay you two, stop before I put you in separate corners for the rest of the night," I scold them both.

"Sounds good to me, better than standing around here, have a good night girls, and Olivia," Harry slowly walks away, probably going outside to look for my brother.

"I honestly don't understand why you two don't get along, you would think the both of you would be over it by now," Courtney rolls her eyes, leading us towards the backyard patio.

"You know exactly why," Olivia turns to Courtney with wide eyes.

"Okay, but that was 3 years ago, you can't hold a grudge over someone for 3 years," Courtney explains.

"Watch me," Olivia narrows her eyes, daring one of us to challenge her. We step outside and see, what must have been, about 50 people spread out around the spacious backyard.

"Remind me again why there are so many people here," I ask wondering through the tables laid out around the patio.

"Dad just got another big promotion, so naturally we need to flaunt it to all of you peasants," Courtney rolls her eyes at her parents' behavior. I laugh loudly. It sure as hell sounds like something they would say.

I look over towards the back of the yard and notice all the young adult boys standing in a circle with a drink in their hands. All of them are wearing short sleeve button-downs with a pair of khakis. And they say all girls dress the same, bitch, please. I spot a few of the baseball boys, including Nathan, standing in a circle.

I gasp loudly remembering earlier today, "Oh my god, do I have drama for you!" The girls turn to me with excited smiles at the thought of gossip and we huddle in a corner near the pigs-in-a-blankets, at Olivia's demand.

"So, Chase showed up at my house today, after Nathan showed up," I whisper hoping no one is listening. They all gasp in shock. "And then made me give him all the stuff that I had of his and when I came back downstairs, Nathan was at the door and Chase was telling him that he was a just a rebound to me."

"What? Why is Chase being so petty? I mean I get that you were the one to call a break or whatever, but he was the one that broke up with you," Courtney explains confused.

"That's what I said!" I agree with her.

"Olivia, darling are you wearing denim jeans?" Courtney's mother asks as she walks by us with a tray in her hands.

"Don't worry Mrs. Easton, they're my fancy jeans," Olivia winks in her direction and turns back around.

"Why do you torture my mother so much?" Courtney sighs and rolls her eyes playfully.

"Why wouldn't I, have you met your mom?" Olivia asks with a smirk on her face.

"You do know, I'm the one that's going to be in trouble after you leave, right? Your appearance reflects poorly on me," Courtney pouts probably thinking of what her mother would say to her later tonight.

"That's what I'm counting on," Olivia winks at Courtney who shoves her back.

|| ** || ** ||

I hope you enjoyed it!

Sammipott xx