.4.

I could hardly process what John had just said to me.

How could I kill a man? It was against my religion to do so. Would God forgive me? The Bible does say that He forgives our sins, past, present, and future, when we accept Him into our hearts. Could I kill a man?

I wondered if I would be physically able to do it. Would I chicken out?

"Will you help me?" John asked. He broke my stream of thoughts and I stuttered to get an answer out.

"N-no-i-i mean-i"

"Please, will you help me?" John begged. I sighed. John was begging! How could I refuse? I simply couldn't.

"Oh, Alright!" I said giving in.

John took a deep breath of excitement. "Thank you, thank you so much." The grown man stood and gave me a hug. I was surprised and he didn't give me time to return the hug, which made me want to punch him in the mouth.

When John had returned to his seat I asked him how we were going to kill Chapman.

"Well, every year on the eighth day of December, no matter where I am or what I'm doing, Chapman shows up and shoots me, just like how it happened the first time. So I figure that if we wait till he appears and you shoot him before he shoots me, then that'll be that and we can go on our separate ways." John informed me.

"Ok. So it's more like I'm shooting another ghost?" I said relieved.

"Spirit!" John corrected. "And, yes. Almost."

"Okay. I think I can do this." I said with confidence.

Our conversation was interrupted by a knock at my front door. I walked into the living room and answered it. I wasn't surprised when I found Adam standing just outside.

"Hey, Can I come in?" He asked.

"Of course. There's someone I want you to meet." I said. I closed the door behind him and directed him to the kitchen. He entered and looked surprised when he saw John sitting at my table. He turned to me with his clear blue eyes and asked, with years worth of mastered-sass, "Two billion ghost men in the world and you pick him to bring home?" Adam smiled and walked over to sit at the table.

John seemed surprised.

"Can he see me?" John asked.

"Yes I can." Adam answered.

"Yeah, John, another reason me and Adam are close is because he too can see...spirits." I informed him.

Adam asked me without words, why John Lennon was in my house.

"Adam, John had a request for me to fulfill and I've agreed."

Adam rolled his eyes. "Your selling your virginity out to a ghost!" Adam laughed. John laughed as well. I slapped Adam.

"NO! It was something else! Stop being a twat!" I fussed at him. "And you!" I pointed at John. "You get your head out of that cloud right this second or I refuse to help you!" John nodded and smirked.

"You know, I think I'm gonna like you,...Adam, is it?" John extended his hand across the table.

"Yes, sir." Adam smiled and returned the hand shake. "Nice to meet you."

"Oh, please, none of that sir stuff. We're all people. I can't be any older than you." John protested.

"Okay." Adam laughed.

I wasn't really paying attention to them. I was focused on Adams hair. He always kept it short on the sides and in the back, but at the front he sported a long fringe, which he dyed blue. It faded into black the farther up his fringe it went. He must have taken a shower before coming over because his hair was still wet and blue streaks were making their way down his tan skin. It made me smile.