Chapter 9: "Broken"

[Papyrus' POV]

When I got into the house, I attempted to get past (y/n) as quietly as possible. She was watching a rerun of Mettaton's show, one of my least favorite episodes to be exact.

Undyne and I fought an equally destructive battle and we both walked away with horrific injuries.

My radius is broken and I can definitely tell a few of my ribs have been cracked as well.

I also have a slight limp which probably means I have injured one of my femurs or my hip bone in some way.

"Papyrus?" (y/n) said as I felt her gaze on me.

I clenched my teeth, I didn't want her to see me in a weak state like this.

I continued walking past, trying to act normal but (y/n) stood up.

"Papyrus, look at me!" She demanded.

On a normal day I'd show her not to tell me what to do but I am too weak to show her who's boss.

I turned around slowly, I was in a lot of pain and my face was twisted into a grimace.

She walked over to me and opened my coat, she gaped at the extensive rips in my sweater.

I slowly moved my hand off of my right arm and held it close to my body.

It had an oblique fracture running through it and there was no point in trying to hide it anymore.

I hate this, I am supposed to be invincible and now I am being pitied by a human.

How did I wind up protecting a human rather than killing her?

The situation of capturing a human had played through my mind many times in my life but I never expected it go end up like this.

When (y/n) saw the fracture in my arm she covered her mouth in shock.

"What happened?" She asked me in surprise.

I didn't want to say much about what happened so I wouldn't worry her about Undyne.

I could take care of that worthless-boastful-degenerate-vile-showy-malevolent-nefarious-sadistic fish any day!

"I GOT INTO A FIGHT," I tried to sound as nonchalant as possible.

I heard the stairs begin to creak as my brother ran down them.

Sans took one look at me and I could feel the panic coming off of him.

He was scared that he'd loose his boss, of course he would be worried I am very great!

"oh my god, this isn't good." Sans spoke in an anxious tone.

Sans checked my HP and let out a small sigh of relief that only I could hear.

"let's take a shortcut to your room, shall we?" Sans put his hand on my ribcage lightly and I flinched in response, he must have touched a broken rib.

There was a flash of light and I was standing in the middle of my room.

"sit down, boss." Sans helped lead me to my bed and I sat down on the hood of the imaginary car.

I was too tired to correct him for telling me what to do, my bones ached and I had been struck with fatigue.

I have a very authoritative position and I don't want Sans overstepping his bounds, but I can cut him some slack now because he is about to help me bandage my broken bones.