Chapter 10: "Taunting Remarks"

You closed Papyrus' door and leaned against it, you had gotten so flustered from seeing him without a shirt on.

You walked to the bathroom and looked into the mirror, there's no way Sans and Papyrus didn't notice that blush.

It was so obvious, but maybe Sans heard your confession beforehand. That would explain why he shoved you in a room with a shirtless Papyrus.

You shook your head and looked at the stack of your clothes on the counter.

"I was supposed to ask about that," You remembered.

You stared it for a few seconds and walked out of the bathroom. "I'll get it later." You muttered.

You headed back down the stairs, you haven't even been in this house for an entire day yet but it already feels like your home.

You walked into the kitchen and put the lasagna into the fridge.

You looked around the fridge and saw a styrofoam takeout box. You took it out and written on the lid was 'for (y/n)' in black marker.

You curiously opened it and inside were some fries and ketchup from Grillby's.

"Did Sans seriously still not get me a burger?" You muttered in disbelief.

You appreciated the kindness but you still were sad that you didn't get that burger you've been wanting.

Than again, it was already apparent that he loved messing with you so of course he wouldn't get you a burger.

You walked over to the counter and picked up a napkin. You were starving and didn't want to eat that lasagna so you were glad that this meal had been provided.

You walked to the couch and sat down, you put box in your lap and popped a fry into your mouth.

Incidentally, the last thing you ate other than that bite of lasagna were fries from Grillby's last night.

Eating from Grillby's a lot wouldn't be healthy so maybe you should make a habit of cooking dinner for the brothers.

You're not sure how they would react to that though, you didn't want them seeing you as a servant either.

Just an occasional good meal, you could also try and help Papyrus get better at cooking.

What were you thinking? You'd never have a happy life like that down here. You'd probably be killed by Undyne or another monster in a couple days.

It might seem weird but you enjoyed being down here, you never really knew what to expect and you liked that mystery.

Life on the surface was always so predictable. Every day you'd wake up, take a shower, get dressed, eat the same old boring breakfast, go into work, eat lunch, go back to work, et cetera.

But life took an unexpected sharp turn when your boss mentioned Mt. Ebott and how many who climbed that mountain had never returned.

You had gotten curious so you took a day off and climbed the mountain. You only told your best friend about your plan and she begged you not to go. You didn't listen to her though, you don't regret it either.

You continued eating and yawned.

You weren't sure what tomorrow would bring, you could only hope that it won't be full of disaster like today's crazy events.

You finished eating your dinner and carried the box and your napkin to the trash can and tossed them inside.

You looked at the clock on the stove, it read nine forty-five.