Chapter 16

Present Day

Yujin's POV

It was now Sunday evening. Tomorrow would be the day the boys and I would have to return to Seoul in preparation for the gala this Friday. I was anticipating it because I'd never gone to something as classy or formal as it would be. It was exciting—thrilling, even.

The weekend had been an incredibly fun and memorable one. Saturday morning had been spent by all of us hiking up the mountain. That, in itself, had created enough memories to last a lifetime. Bambam wouldn't stop attacking anything that moved with his electric bug zapper, Jin kept getting hit in the face by branches and leaves, Hoseok would continuously dance in random places and even accidentally punched a bee hive (we had all sprinted for our lives), and at some point we had lost both Jackson and Youngjae. Afterwards, with all 15 of us back together, we had driven down to a nearby beach and spent a while relaxing, swimming, and playing beach volleyball. At night, we had all gathered around a campfire back at the loft and enjoyed each other's company.

It was amazing.

And now that today was the final day of our collective vacation, the boys wanted to go out with a bang.

I warily eyed the countless half-empty boxes of pizza and fried chicken, and several opened packages of soju and beer, as I walked into the living room. Did these boys plan on getting hammered? I mean, everyone here was of drinking age and I'm sure they were all, for the most part, responsible, but I didn't feel like nursing any crazy individuals tonight. This was a vacation, after all.

I placed the plastic bags, filled with various snacks, down on a nearby table as I turned to shoot Yoongi, who'd been with me, a look of worry. Sprawled across the largest couch were Jackson, Jimin, Youngjae, and Bambam who seemed to be passed out as they unconsciously cuddled one another. Mark, Jaebum, Namjoon, and Jinyoung were all lightly sipping their beers across the room, not seeming too concerned about the inert nature of the aforementioned men. Taehyung, Jungkook, and Yugyeom were all animatedly playing a video game on the large TV, bottles of soju knocked over beside them as they shouted. Crumbled up napkins and dirtied plates were strewn all over the place. Jin and Hoseok had been cleaning in the kitchen when Yoongi and I arrived.

We were only gone for twenty minutes.

Yoongi, who'd finally absorbed the scene, just chuckled beside me before heading to grab himself a bottle of beer. I tsked and shook my head at him, deciding to assist Hoseok and Jin in the kitchen since they seemed the most sensible at the moment. They graciously accepted my offer and we quickly finished up, heading out to join the rest of the group in the living room.

I stifled a laugh as I observed Yugyeom drawing on Bambam's face. Jungkook, Taehyung, and Yoongi had joined the others across the room as they all sat on cushions on the floor. Jin and Hoseok scanned the room quickly before heading over to that same group, and I followed, taking a seat between Mark and Jinyoung. They were all snickering watching Yugyeom, who'd now finished and had briskly crossed the room to rejoin our formation.

"You guys are just in time." Namjoon declared when Jin, Hoseok, and I had taken our seats.

"Yugyeom just completed his dare." Jaebum explained.

I shook my head in laughter as Jin voiced out my thoughts. "Really? Truth or dare? What are we, 12?"

Jungkook spoke up. "That's what I was saying! Thank you, hyung."

Taehyung rolled his eyes at the maknae. "What did you have in mind, then?"

Mischief gleamed in Jungkook's eyes as he briefly took a glance at me before turning to respond to Taehyung. "I was thinking 7 minutes of heaven."