XXXVI

This is Halloween, everybody make a scene
Trick or treat till the neighbors gonna die of fright
It's our town, everybody scream
In this town of Halloween
~ Marilyn Manson, This Is Halloween

"And who are you supposed to be?" I question Kyle as he walks around in a pair of red swim trunks and a white tank top.

"That dude from Baywatch." He shrugs with a beer in hand.

The club is packed and full of costumes from every dark corner of the mind; everything from ghouls and witches to Barbie and Ken fills the dance floor.

The walls are covered in spiderwebs and different horror theme items.

The normal cocktails are renamed with halloween inspired names like the Jack-O-Lantern and Monster Mash.

Fog fills the dance floor while strobe lights create a horror feel as they flash every so often.

"You totally forgot." I laugh, happy to know I wasn't the only one this year.

"I blame the tour and the release of our single." Kyle argues.

"Nah, it's that goldfish size brain of yours." I stifle a laugh as Erik shoots me a grin, pleased with his comment.

"Why do I put up with your shit?" Kyle grumbles, before wandering off towards the dance floor.

Probably looking for a quick hookup.

"Wanna dance?" Erik asks, standing in front of me as I sit on the bar stool. He nudges his head against my neck before placing kisses up my neck.

"Why not?" I set the half empty overpriced drink on the counter and take Erik's hand as he guides the two of us through the packed crowd towards the middle of the dance floor.

"You look hot." Erik eyes me up and down as he wraps his arms around my hips and rests his head on my shoulder as a slow song comes on, causing the singles to groan.

Oh well.

I wrap my arms around his neck as he sways to the music,"tell me about it stud."

"You really went there?" Erik laughs causing a few people around us to look at us.

"What? We dressed as Sandy and Danny, did you really expect me not to quote the movie?" I ask with my red lips in a cheesy smile.

"No, I'm just surprised it started now and not on the drive here."

"I guess I need to make up for lost time."

"I think we both do."

I give Erik a puzzled look, causing him to lift his head and shake it at me, "all those weeks we knew each other and I didn't make a move."

"So, you've made a move?" I tease Erik as the song ends and another club banger comes on.

Erik spins me around so my back is to him, "baby, I'm full of moves."

I'm not able to answer to him as a whirlwind of black and red stands in front of me; Scarlett.

"I am so happy I found you!" Scarlett exclaims as she places her hands on my shoulders stopping my body's movement all together.

I just wanted one night.

At least I don't see Adam.

Thank the heavens for that.

"What the fuck are you wearing?" Erik asks as he takes in what or what little his cousin has on, "your mom would kill you if she ever sees this."

"I'm an adult, oh well. Plus it's not like we can all dress like prudes like your girl here." I send Scarlett a glare as she justifies her costume at my expense.