| 016 - Darkness |

~
Updating after almost a year pog
Also my writing style has changed
completely so... this'll be fun :D
Also also I'm doing this at 9am,
so yeah.
~

Somehow finding my way to the kitchen in the darkness and start to go through the cabinets which hold spices and other things like that before coming to the cabinet that holds a handful of different kinds of medicine. I can't see what kinds of medicine there is so I take a lucky guess, hoping that it is Tylenol or Advil. I start to walk back down the hallway after leaving the kitchen and try to remember which room is mine because I hadn't thought much about it early in the day.

My eyes travel up and down the hallway and I try to count but I know that it is pointless. I bite my lip lightly when my side aches with pain again, just wanting to go to the room I had been given. I look up at the ceiling when it starts speaking again and then have to remind myself as I am walking to the room, following the directions the robot had given me, that Friday was an AI. I walk quietly and shut the door to the room as quietly as I can but it's heavier then I had expected.

As I enter the room the lights turn on almost automatically and I wince at how bright they are. It seems like the AI senses how it hurts my head and the lights go dimer rather quickly. I make my way to the bed which is in the middle of the room.

I smile a little to myself, amused when I see that I had actually managed to grab a bottle of pain killers without even seeing it. I take two of the tablets and cringe a little as I take them dry because it still sucks even if I had been taking them without water for a while. I stare at the ceiling and after a few minutes the lights sense that no one is moving around so they turn off which is fair enough.

I stare out the windows at the night sky, the moon just peaking through the clouds and standing out against the dark night which surrounds it. I feel my heart slow down slightly, knowing that I should go to sleep but there are voices that appear right outside of the door.

I turn around to see that the lights in the hall are on and I close my eyes so I can focus on listening on what is happening out there. I hear people walking around but they aren't talking right now so I open my eyes, looking at the alarm clock again to see that it is almost three in the morning. It's rather early for people to be up and about.

"Friday woke me up," I hear Mr Stark say as he keeps his voice quiet so I close my eyes again to listen. "He's not in the lab where Banner had left him," He quietly explains to whoever is with him and I hear them continue to walk down the hall, their voices becoming louder as they walk thanks to them getting closer.

"Friday, where is he?" I hear Mrs Pepper ask the AI with a small yawn. Mr Start must have woken her up or maybe Friday had woken the two of them up without meaning to do so. I jump a little when the door to the opens but keep my eyes shut tightly. I flinch a little when a hand touches my back lightly and I meet Mrs Peppers eyes. "Hey Peter, are you ok?" She asks me softly and I look to see Mr Stark at the door of the room, looking over at the pair of us with a concerned expression across his face. I shake my head once and don't met her eyes again. "Do you want to talk about it?" She asks and I freeze slightly.

"You don't have too if you don't want too." I hear Mr Stark say and I nod yes to that. I don't want to talk about my nightmares to them, I know that they are superheroes but still. I can deal with the nightmares on my own.

"Ok, sweetheart." Mrs Pepper cuts back in with a small glance back at Mr Stark. I meet her eyes again and they are filled with kindness even though she is clearly tired. I mean, it is probably past three in the morning now so that is fair enough. "We are in the next room, just tell Friday if you need anything." They tell me and I nod once before they leave me in the darkness again, letting me fall into a dreamless sleep.

When I wake up the sun is already pretty high up in the sky from but that is not wakes me up. There is a crash coming from somewhere on the other side of the door and as I get to my feet, making my way across the room I hear the voices of people laughing and talking with each other. I open the door to see a group of people standing there, their eyes traveling to me with smiles across their faces still.

"Morning new kid," Clint, Hawkeye, says with a smile across his face and I nod a little quickly returning the smile. They others keep talking and I yawn a little, still tired from last night.

"Come on, we are going to get breakfast." The girl who I had learned was named Wanda, who was one of the newer Avengers, says with a welcoming smile. I nod a little and smile as we start to walk down the hall to the living room and kitchen which is connected to it.

I listen in on the conversations that are going on in the group as we make our way to the kitchen and we are met with Mrs Pepper who is in the process of making waffles while Mr Stark talks to her happily. My eyes move to the plate of waffles which she has already made and I am surprised by how much she has made then remember we are in a house compound which is filled with superhero.

Mr Stark talks animatedly as he writes on a paper, his eyes only moving to look up at her after he realizes that everyone was standing in the kitchen with them. His eyes land on me and he closes the notepad which he had been writing on before looking back at Mrs Pepper who simply nods, placing the plate of waffles down onto the table which everyone starts to gather around.

Originally Written: 12/05/19
Republished / Rewritten: 05/29/21
Proofread By: Carly W.