i.

This is a story about a forbbiden couple who were in love.

No, this isn't your usual story. This tragic love story takes place in the 1800's, when slavery still was happening.

Adeola Williams, an African American 18 year old slave, who has lived in America for her whole life doesn't realize that her life is about to change, all because of Kristopher Lanters, the slave master's son.

Nope, she doesn't realized that at all. And Kristopher's family may be hiding a huge secret that would get someone who knows killed. That someone is Adeola.

-------------------------------------------------------------

"Addy, where are you with that water?!" Adeola's mom yelled from the cotton fields.

"Comin' mama!" she yelled trying to scoop water from the well. It was a very tedious task, and for someone as small as , it was a laboring task.

She finally got the bucket up from the well. She sighed from exhaustion and relief as she tried to picked the bucket off the rope. She eased the bucket off and then--

WHOOSH! The bucket landed on the floor spilling all the water out. She screamed out in frustration.

It had taken her fifteen minutes to get the bucket up. Now she has to wind the bucket down and up again!

"Would you like some help?" A silky voice said in her ear, sending chills down her back. She did not want to look at him, no matter how tempting it was.

Adeola turned the other way. He chuckled softly, sending vibrations throughout her chest. She was starting to hyperventilate, trying to control the urge to look into his face.

"Here you go," his handsome voice said again. Adeola turned around and looked down at his hands. It was a bucket of water.

"Don't spill this one,' he said. Adeola though she could hear the smile in his voice. But her face showed no emotion as she took the bucket and ran away

If you walk away, you can forget his beautiful voice, she told herself.

Forget, Forget, Forget...

_____________

A/N: So, this be my new story! I used incorrect grammer on purpose, don't point that out.

I wanted to do something different for a change, so here it is!

I entered this for the watty awards in hopes for winning historical fiction! please vote and tell your friends and their mother to vote!

btw, I envision Adeola to be a curly haired Tika Sumpter-check the sidebar for a pic

xoxo, Laceless.