Chapter 16

"Your girlfriend just got kidnapped, and you wanna lie down? Are you kidding me? Are you fucking kidding me?!"

"Alright, alright, stop pushing me," I grunt and smack Seth's hand away from me, though he takes it off me when we enter the house. I don't even have the energy to tell him that I wasn't actually serious about having to lie down, and vomit, and cry. Well, maybe the vomiting part was honest. But definitely not the lying down one; I don't think I'm ever gonna be able to sleep again.

I sigh shakily, for a minute forgetting how shook up I still am, and jog over to the landline to do what Seth had practically ordered me to do. I also don't have the energy to fight him and tell him that she's not my girlfriend, and it's not like he'd listen to me anyway. And it's not like I don't want him to think that.

I turn around to face him as I enter the three digits, gesturing toward the laptop, silently asking him to turn the music down a bit. He gets the hint and hurries toward the staircase, crawling underneath it so he'd reach the laptop, and returns in front of me just when my call gets answered.

"911, what's your emergency?"

"Um..." I'm just realizing that I have no idea how to put everything that's happened in the past five minutes in a sentence. I look over at Seth, shaking my head hopelessly, while he shakes his angrily. He's probably thinking how he should have made the call instead.

"Um, this girl, she just..." I trail off, while the woman patiently waits for me to phrase my thoughts. "A guy crashed this party that my friends and I are throwing, and took a girl with him against her will."

I notice Seth giving me the thumbs up and nodding his head from the corner of my eye, as I stare at the ground, trying not to have another panicking fit. At least while I'm on the phone with the police.

"Do you happen to know where he might have taken her?"

"No, I've no idea, he just led her to a car and then drove off. They were on Wells Street, and they left about five minutes ago." Saying this out loud is a lot harder than watching it happen was; I feel like I'm confirming that all of it had really happened. It wasn't just a hallucination, or anything. She really got taken away by someone she's obviously terrified of.

"What kind of car was it? Do you remember the license plate?"

I slowly close my eyes, as I remember not paying any attention at all to the car. I look over at Seth, mouthing the word 'car', hoping he'd understand and be able to help me. He narrows his eyes, and when he keeps quiet for several seconds I sigh, defeated. "It was white, and I don't-"

"A Maserati," Seth cuts me off, nodding in certainty.

"A Maserati?" I raise my eyebrows, and he nods again.

"One hundred percent."

So the bastard is a rich one. "It was a Maserati," I repeat, this time sure of my answer. "A white Maserati."

"And what about the license plate?"

"License plate," I repeat the woman's words, slowly, looking again at Seth, hoping he'd be helpful like a few seconds ago. Although, he just squeezed his eyes shut tightly and placed his hands over his face - I guess it's a 'no' this time. "I-I don't remember the license plate."

"Alright, can you tell me about this man? His name, how he looked?"

"Uh, I don't know his name," I tell her, desperately trying to remember if I know him since I can see every detail of his his face before my eyes, but I just end up sighing and focusing on telling the woman what I do know. "He has black hair, green eyes, and he's wearing a black jacket and-and dark jeans and a white sweatshirt, I think. If not white, then it's a light color," I ramble, nodding as I recall that his jacket was unzipped, and that I only got a peek of what he was wearing underneath it.