7 ☆ pureblooded girls

CHAPTER SEVEN

PUREBLOODED GIRLS

"sometimes she wishes she was born a boy instead, with more opportunities and freedoms, because all good pureblooded girls always walk the same path in life

"sometimes she wishes she was born a boy instead, with more opportunities and freedoms, because all good pureblooded girls always walk the same path in life."

☆☆☆

Eunbyeol's mildly surprised when she walks into the Potions classroom to see Fred, George, and Lee in the class. The three are crowded at a table meant for two, and she sets her bag down at the empty table in front of them before turning around. "Is it bad that I'm surprised that Professor Snape let you lot into his class?"

"Oh, thank Merlin," Lee groans when he sees her. "The beautiful Eunbyeol. At least I can relieve my eyes when watching Snape becomes too much of a strain."

"Hello, Eunbyeol!" Fred grins at her steadily darkening cheeks while whacking Lee. "I forgot that you shared Potions with us. And no," he adds, "I was a bit shocked too."

Eunbyeol sets her cauldron down then leans against the table and braces her hands behind her. "Why didn't you tell me you would be in my class? You three read my schedule, after all."

"Actually," George sighs, shaking his head solemnly, "None of us did. We're all illiterate, you see. Blind and as dumb as three bags of rocks."

"Shame," Eunbyeol hums. It's nice, she thinks, to be able to play along with people, to be a part of a joke. "I could use a partner in this class, but if none of you are able to read, I'll have to find someone else." She turns and rubs at an invisible speck of soot on her copper cauldron to hide her smile. "Maybe Roger Davies wouldn't mind."

George, in flamboyant Weasley twin manner, clambers over his table to stand next to her. "I'm actually not illiterate. I'm the most well-read person you'll ever meet! Shakespeare, Hemmingway, I know it all."

"Who?"

"Muggle authors," he explains. "Very famous. Wrote plays about star-crossed lovers and books about whales named Dick and whatnot."

"Whales named Dick?"

George shrugged. "I actually don't know. Wasn't really listening when my dad was telling me about it."

"Wait, George," Fred pouted. "I thought we were partners forever!" He batted his eyes prettily, and George wrinkled his nose.

"Absolutely not, mate. Anyways, if I'm paired with Eunbyeol, the potions whiz, nothing will explode in my face and I'll get high marks and I'm saving her from Lee's forever flirtatious clutches." He grins triumphantly. "It's smart thinking."

Professor Snape sweeps into the room, surveying the inhabitants with thinly veiled distaste. "Welcome to Potions," he drawls nasally. He gives his trademark speech about how this is an advanced class and how stupidity will not be tolerated—this part aimed specifically at Lee and the twins—and how he expects nothing but the very best from students before sending them on their way to make the Elixir to Induce Euphoria.