3

In the passing months Luo Yi became a regular guest at Xiao Jun's house. She shamelessly attached herself to him even after she passed the Comp Sci class. She carved out her own spot in his apartment despite his attempts to throw her out. Her messy lifestyle drove him crazy but she was like a plaster that super-glued herself to him. For some reason she wasn't fazed by his ice block face and static personality.

It probably started when she first came to his apartment for tutoring. She came and started talking about random stuff just getting distracted, but he just got down to business, dismissing her completely. Somehow his direct style of teaching ended up helping her out more than she expected. After her lessons she looked like she wanted to stay to chat with him but the first couple times he just kicked her out. He thought that just being around his presence would change her opinion of him. Ni Ni just rolled her eyes at his ignorance. [You need to talk to her. Chat with her when she wants to get to know you. SAY SOMETHING!!! Don't be a goddamn rock.]

Yeah but what do I say?

[I don't know, respond to her questions. Pretend like you're seriously listening to the crap she's saying. Look like you're actually interested...I'll try and guide you through the rest. I'll give you the red light when you're getting into dangerous territory.]

Okay

The next time Luo Yi came over he didn't kick her out after the lesson. Her face brightened up thinking that he was opening up to her. She excitedly started babbling at a mile per minute. His face was a rock as usual but he didn't stop her. It spurred her on thinking he was interested. After about half an hour her words dried up. He hadn't said a word the entire time and his eyes looked glazed over. She looked up at him and started questioning him.

"Sorry, I haven't let you say a word. So what about you? What's your story? Why do you always wear headphones? How come you always stare at my lips when I'm speaking? Why do you live alone?"

Xiao Jun blandly responded to her questions one at a time. "I have a hypersensitivity to sound, if I take these off I'll probably pass out from the pain. I've had seizures once in a while. I stare at your lips because I'm trying to read them to get what you're saying. I live alone because my parents died in a drive-by shooting when I was in middle school and I don't have any other family."

Ni Ni how was that?

Ni Ni facepalmed. His face didn't even change with every word. It looked like he was reading off of a script. There's no fucking way she'd believe his story. ⊙﹏⊙ but I feel like inside...deep,deep,deep inside he probably feels hopeful, I can't destroy that hope.

[It was great...you're doing great...] I have sold my integrity _(:3」∠)_

Luo Yi looks at him with pity and understanding in your eyes. "Poor you...No wonder you look expressionless all the time. It's your defense mechanism isn't it? Don't worry don't be sad. You have me now...I'll take care of you." She leaps forward and gives him a tight, crushing hug. Her face is slightly wet with tears as she cries pity tears for him. Xiao Jun isn't sure exactly what she's talking about but he knew that it was probably best to just agree with her.

"Okay. Thank you." His voice stays bland. His eyes are slightly shiny with wetness from the glare of the sunlight streaming through his window. Luo Yi interprets this as his emotional acceptance of finally receiving some care and loving.

Ni Ni can't really believe this turn of events. Σ(T □ T) OMFG what is up with this guy's godly luck? When has he been longing for loving? This girl is delusional. Which part of his face shows any loneliness? This rock? emotional? What a joke. What great timing for that sunlight...his damn luck is acting up again!!!... At least it worked out somehow ╮(╯∀╰)╭ maybe I'll get my promotion after all.