Chapter 4

I sat up in bed, my breathing loud and ragged.

Fuck. What the hell just happened?!

My eyes scanned the room for any sign of Eros, but he wasn't here. I sighed in relief, my eyes fluttering closed. Of course, he wasn't here. It was just a dream, Dani. It was just a dream.

A goddamn sex dream.

With the hot guy next door.

While I was sleeping next to my boyfriend.

Oh, gosh... I'm going to hell for this, aren't I? I'm going to burn in the pits of hell and get eaten by demons and –

"Babe?" Trevon groaned from next to me. He rubbed his hand across his face and slowly opened his eyes, looking up at me. "Is everything okay?"

Taking a deep breath, I nodded. "Yes," I forced out. "Everything's fine."

No, it wasn't.

He chuckled slightly, closing his eyes once more and rolling over onto his side to face me. "Good, now come lay back down..." he wrapped a hand around my waist. "We still got a few hours-" His brows knotted together as he rubbed my waist. "Damn, babe, not sleeping with any underwear on? If you want to fuck, you just have to ask. You don't need to be teasing me and shit."

My brows furrowed together. No panties? I remember falling asleep fully clothed last night. I pushed my hand under the blankets and between my legs. My eyes widened.

I wasn't wearing panties. Why wasn't I wearing panties? Where'd they go? What happened? With my hand, I searched under the blankets, trying to find them. Maybe, I accidently slipped them off last night while I was sleeping.

Yeah... yeah... definitely. That's what happened.

Trevon pulled me closed, nuzzling his head in my neck. "Come on babe, let's have some fun," he mumbled. "You already got me excited."

"I... uh... I'm not in the mood!" I scurried out of bed, rushing towards the door to my bedroom. "I'm going to the bathroom. I'll be right back." Sprinting out of the bedroom, I quietly tiptoed down the dark hall.

The sun was just rising, illuminating the apartment just slightly. Once I was in the bathroom, I turned on the light, slammed the door closed, and leaned over the counter.

I can't believe I just had a sex dream about Eros. It felt so real. So real.

I gazed at myself in the mirror, not comprehending what I just dreamt. Why was I dreaming of him? I had a perfectly good man – no, a great man. I had a perfectly great man and here I was dreaming of some random guy I've met only once.

Splashing some water on my face, I tried waking myself up from the reality I was living in right now. Get yourself together, girl.

You will not think of Eros, again.

You will not dream of Eros, again.

You will not –

My eyes widened, noticing the red finger marks on my hips in the mirror. I gazed down at them. Why were there finger marks?

They're probably from when Trevon was holding me last night.

Yeah... that was it.

Damn, what was I even thinking anymore? Why was I so paranoid? Next, I'll be thinking that Eros was actually in my room last night. How stupid it would be to think something like that.

If Eros was in my room last night, I would know it. He couldn't get in anyway. I locked both the front door and my bedroom door for this reason exactly.

Taking a deep breath, I shook my head and walked back to my room, curling up next to Trevon. I squeezed my eyes shut, hoping to get some sleep – sleep without thinking about him.

~ ~ ~

Once I finally woke up from a peaceful dreams, I groaned, noticing the mid-day sun blazing through the curtains. I peeked over to Trevon's side of the bed and frowned. A single note laid across his pillow.

Sorry, babe. Work called. I would've woken you up, but you looked too peaceful to bother. I'm taking you out tonight. Be ready at 5. Love, Trevon.

The bright green letters on the nightstand read 4:45pm. I jumped out of bed, sprinting to my closet to find something to wear, anything. Why did I sleep so long? At least, I felt rested.

Once I found something to wear, I decided to ditch the make-up. I pressed my ear to the door, listening to the quietness in the hallway. I sighed in relief and walked out, my phone buzzing in my pocket. Walking to the front door, I grabbed my purse, peeked my head out, and, when I concluded that the coast was clear, I sprinted towards the elevator.

I jammed the door close button, thanking whoever was looking down at me that I didn't have bad luck today. Pulling my phone out of my pocket, the buzzing stopped.

A missed call from an unknown number. 

My brows furrowed at it, but I pushed it out of my mind, stepping out of the elevator to the lobby and heading towards the main doors.

Trevon's car idled near the entrance. He pecked my cheek, laying his hand on the insides of my thigh. My breath hitched, not from his touch, but from a memory – no, my dream. My dream of Eros's fingers grazing against my thigh. My dream of his lips between them, touching me, torturing me.

Pushing my knees together, I gazed over at my boyfriend. Yes, my incredible, amazing, trustworthy, handsome, intelligent boyfriend.

Trevon finally pulled up to a diner, holding my hand as we walked toward the entrance. "So, did you sleep well?"

"Yes... yeah, once I finally made it back to bed," I nodded, avoiding eye contact with him. I yanked the door opened, smiling at the hostess who beamed at us.

"Table for two?" she asked.

"Ye-" I began.

"No, we're actually meeting people here," Trevon said from beside me.

My brows furrowed up at him. "Who are we meeting?"

His hand found the middle of my back as he lead me through the isle of tables and chairs, of people smiling and laughing at each other. "Eros and his roommates along with Maria and her friends."

I stopped in my tracks, pressing my lips together and yanking onto his sleeve. "What?"

His brows furrowed at me. "Eros, Maria, and their fri-"

Shaking my head, I stopped him. "Why? Why are we going out with them?" My whole plan was to avoid him and I was doing a great job at it. I hadn't seen him in a few days and now I'm going out to dinner with him – with my boyfriend?!

Trevon shrugged. "I saw him this morning and he asked if we wanted to go out tonight. I didn't think you'd mind, so I said we'd meet him here." His brows furrowed together. "We can leave if you want."

"Trevon, Dani, I'm so glad that you could make it," a deep voice said from behind me. A hand wrapped around my waist. His hand. His fingers grazed my skin. His touch.

I pressed my lips together. This was going to be a long night.

A/N

Sorry if this felt short and rushed. When I revise this book, the writing will be X10000 better. But, this is here for now!

Thank you for all of your support with this book so far. 4k views?! You guys are AMAZING!!

I really love hearing all of your thoughts and opinions on it, so if you have a suggestion or criticism please leave it below <3

What do you think will happen at dinner?

Was Eros really in Dani's room last night? Or was her mind just wandering?

What are you doing this weekend?

Peace out, Loves