THIRTY-TWO

BELLA

I had been sitting in the car for almost an hour and with each passing second, I couldn't help but feel like I was going crazy. Megan tried to comfort me and convince me to be patient but I didn't know how to do that either.

We watched the cabin for about half an hour before Wade's men arrived in black clothing that covered them from their heads to their toes. They moved in small lines towards the back of the cabin. I wondered where Wade was but when I asked Megan, she only smiled at me and said he was on his way.

It felt like forever before I noticed movement coming from the cabin again. This time, a figure climbed out of a window at the back. It was my mom and behind her was one of Wade's men. He pulled his mask off and stood by her side as they jogged towards the car.

I got out of the car quickly to receive her, "mom"

She noticed me and ran towards me, hugging me tight. Her hair was a complete mess and her clothes were slightly dirty.

I released her and scanned her body for any signs of torture. I had been so scared Noah would hurt her. She didn't seem to have any besides small bruises on her wrists which I guessed were from the ropes.

"Are you okay?", I looked up at her face. She looked tired and stressed but her eyes softened as she smiled at me.

"I'm fine", she pulled me in for another hug.

"How did it go?", I heard Megan ask Ace.

"Smooth actually", he said, "gas took them out quick", he added.

"Contact the rest of the men and get them out quietly", she said, "I don't want anyone in there when Wade arrives"

Why would Wade need to come to the cabin anymore? We already had my mom.

"We have to go", Ace said to me, "before they notice she's gone"

I nodded and helped my mom into the car first before moving in after her. I watched the cabin and there was more movement coming from it. The rest of the men were getting out through the large window at the back of the cabin. From where he stood next to the driver's side, Ace snickered.

"This is the cleanest operation we've ever done", he said.

"I can see why", Megan was staring at the woods.

"Is that a car?", he asked.

"Wade and the police are here", she said, "are they all out?"

Wade was with the police?

Ace placed a finger on his ear and nodded at her before walking around the car and getting into the passenger seat next to Megan.

"We're done", he said as a loud gunshot filled the air. Next to me, my mom's body was tense and I took her hand in mine and smiled at her.

"Megan, what's going on?", I asked.

She ignored me and took a deep breath, "alright", she said, "let's blow this place up"

"What do you mean blow it up?", I asked and she looked back to me, her eyes softening.

"Bella...", she tried to say.

"What is going on? you just said Wade is in there!", I said loudly.

"Wade was willing to risk it", she said.

"Risk what?"

She didn't reply. Her eyes told me everything I needed to know.

"No..."