Phone calls

Gulping down the last of the coffee you looked Terrance in the eyes. He looked more then pleased to be having yet another cup of coffee with you. Before you had never thought twice when it came to becoming a friend of Terrance. But now that you've seen the impact he's made on you, well, you've come to reconsider.

"Hey..." Terrance muttered, fingers tightening around his cup. "So I had these tickets to a fair, and ummm." His eyes started fidgeting around, everywhere but in your direction. "Well I was planning on going with another friend but they had quit last minute so now I have this other free ticket." That was a lie, "and so I was thinking, maybe you'd want to come?"

Looking at his obviously flustered face, knowing full well Terrance didn't invite any other friends to the fair. You nodded your head. It could be fun, plus now that you'd didn't have that job to worry about you could fit it into your schedule.

"Of course i'd like to go" you smiled.

Terrance's eyes beamed, a sudden glistening aura was radiating off of him. "R-really?"

You nodded once more. At this Terrance stood up immediately. "Well then, I have to get going. I-I have classes I need to get to." He picked up his bag and began to head out the door. "Good luck with your new job! I'll be at your house to pick you up tonight at 5!"

Waving him one last goodbye you took a night out of a muffin you had ordered. It was quite an exciting day. You were more then enthusiastic to give that artist a call and let her know you were interested in working with her.

***

Terrance had finished his last class and was preparing to make his way home again, he remembered he did have to go grocery shopping but it could wait another day. The only other person it would effect is his lazy brother. And if he cares so much about not having enough food then he can go shopping for some himself.

Now making his way back up to his apartment he unlocked the door. Stepping inside he looked around for his brother, who was no where to be seen. Probably out gambling. Placing his bags on the table Terrance looked around the big empty apartment, it did get lonely here. Oh how he longed for some company. Bur enough of that, he changed into more festive clothing and got ready for the festival he was planning on bringing you too.

***

Grabbing your phone out of your bag you go looking for the artists number. Looking in your bag a bit more you finally finding it you contact the woman, waiting for the number to dial took forever, but then again that could be because of how anxious you were. Finally picking up the woman answers

"Hello?" She asked.

"U-um hi, yes this is y/n graphic designer you met before, I was just wanting to call because I'm interested in that job off-" before you could finish your sentence you heard squealing like no other on the other end.

"My dear I'm so excited to welcome you to the team. Could I give you an address and time to meet me for your first day?"

Racing to find a pad and pencil you begin to write down the information she gives you. "Thank you so much ma'am I'm so excited to be working with you" you laughed from nervousness. You said your goodbyes and you hung up the phone. Now dancing around your room you began to sing a little song of excitement. Then, your phone rang, again. Looking over at the number you recognized it as Terrance. Picking up you explained to him everything that happened with the call and your new job.He sounded more than excited and was very happy for you, he explained how he's was on his way and that reminded you that you needed to get ready as well. So you grabbed your stuff and changed into something more lively then your boring office attire.

Now sitting at the foot of your bed, just waiting for Terrance to come and get you, you weren't for sure how the festival was going to work out but it didn't matter, it was better then being home alone, you needed to go out and celebrate. Then came the knock on the door, so you walked over and opening it you saw Terrance.

"Hey! How are you?" He asked, moving his eyes up and down your figure.

"I'm excited," you chuckled, "I've just been waiting for you to come and get me. "you told him.

A big grin swept across his face, glowing pink he laughed, "haha...you've been waiting for me to come get you?" you nodded and with that he started to dart his eyes in every other direction but your own. "o-ok, well let's get going." HE told you as you both made your way to the festival.