Chapter 45

Towards that one trip to Mount Qi Yun seven years ago, I cannot say I have no memory of it whatsoever, but to tell the truth, to say I have a clear memory of it, is also not right. The only thing I had kept in mind, is that on that day, I found out Yuwen Xiu is not Yuwen Xiu, perhaps because this matter has been so deeply imprinted into me, that I had unknowingly neglected everything else.

But with the connection made today, I now remember, that day I had also met two interesting boys, one is the frail and green vegetable, one is the bad tempered blind kid. To me, that day was just a normal day, just like every other day and night I had experienced. But I didn't think that many years later, I would actually run into someone I fatefully encountered once before, and that person has already grown into a big and tall, handsome man, completely different from the short and stubborn blind kid in my memory!

Oh no, perhaps there are some things that haven't changed, for example, that impulsiveness, for example, that dominance, for example, that directness.

I take a moment to think about He Lian Chen, after growing up, the first time I met him was in Yun Mi Imperial Palace, he had come to Yun Mi disguised as an envoy, cahooting with Yun Ze to oppose Yun Mi. At that time, I had only thought that this envoy's sharp eyes is not something that belongs to any ordinary person, and only with Yuwen Rui's revelation later, did I come to know that he is Yun Zhan's emperor. Then right after that, I was captured to Yun Zhan by him, becoming his personal eunuch, getting picked on and ordered all over the place by him, then after the 'head smashing situation', I finally gained my human rights.

I recall that several days ago, he asked me whether I went to Mount Qi Yun seven years ago, connecting that to what he said just now, 'you really haven't changed from the past at all', oh-ho, dare I ask, has this guy long confirmed I am the Ah-Dou he met that year?

Thinking up to here, I cannot hold back from laughing, at that time, I had casually made up the words, 'a palace maid under the Yun Mi Kingdom's thirteenth prince', perhaps that had caused him to waste a lot of effort. Turns out I had already played a good old prank on him when I was younger, truly makes me satisfied ah!

But back then, He Lian Chen's eyesight was a blur, only able to vaguely see a figure, yet today, both eyes are able to thoroughly look at people with arrogance, what did he go through in between all this?

Ai~, this place that is the imperial palace, sure hides far too many matters.

During the time I had carried out a huge amount of thoughts, Xiao Shun Zi and I were already on our way back with the snacks, He Lian Chen sure is picky with food, a few days ago, one little dissatisfaction and several imperial cooks were dismissed, and now that there's a new cook, he insists on having me to come over every day to pick new snacks, rewarded if he likes it, if he doesn't like it, then the punishment is on the cook --- say, what kind of a matter is this?

Putting aside his serious and arrogant look, the He Lian Chen that is like this, sure is the same as the unreasonable blind kid I ran into back then, interestingly reckless.

Right when Xiao Shun Zi and I were walking, a bearded elderly with white hair appears in front, seeing him carry a medicine box, I assume he's the imperial physician. Xiao Shun Zi goes up and says with a smile: "This servant greets Imperial Physician Chen, is Imperial Physician heading to see his majesty right now?"

Imperial Physician Chen strokes his beard, "So it's Eunuch Shun, Eunuch is correct, this old man is currently going to see his majesty."

"Perfect, this servant is also heading there now." Xiao Shun Zi grinningly says this, then points at me, saying: "This is the new eunuch, Xiao Lan Zi, has been serving by his majesty's side as of recent." He then says to me: "Xiao Lan Zi, this is Imperial Physician Chen of the Imperial Physician Court."