Pumpkin Spice (And Everything Nice)

It's getting closer and closer to the end of October. Which means the weather is getting chillier and chillier.

I pull on a black hoodie, one with black 'cat ears' attached to the hood and white writing on the back saying 'Bad Luck', over top my navy blue long sleeved shirt. Layers were necessary.

I'd taken Peter up on his offer to go to the coffee shop from yesterday, and now I'm just waiting for Happy to come so he can drop me off at Peter and I's meeting place.

Tucking my phone into my jeans pocket, I pull on my short brown leather boots as I see Happy pull up in the driveway.

I walk over to my dad, who was standing in the hallway, and pull him into a hug. "See you later."

"See ya. Just text Happy when you're ready to come home. Just don't stay out to late." He teases, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, yeah."

I walk outside into the cool breeze and hurry over to the car. The one with nice heated seats.

"Where to?" Happy asks as I slide in the back.

"Delmar's." I tell him.

I hum to myself blissfully as the car pulls out of the driveway, and starts making its way to Queens.

I zone out, thinking about my latest prototype that I never seem to have time to work on, and before I know it, we pull up beside Delmar's, where a smiling Peter was waiting.

He was wearing a blue-grey zip up sweater and brown pants. His hair was combed back.

I like his hair better when it's messy, I decide.

I step out out of the car, Peter's smile infectious, and greet him with a side hug.

"Bye Happy!" I call. Happy waves through the window before driving off.

I turn back to Peter. "Ready to walk?" He asks.

I crinkle up my nose. "Almost..."

His eyebrows furrow in confusion before he jumps back as I ruffle his hair, making it messy again.

"Hey! Why--"

"I like it better messy." I say simply with a shrug. I link arms with him. "Let's go."

We begin making our way to the coffee shop a few blocks up.

As we reach our destination, I look up at the large sign above the coffee shop reading 'Jeune Amoureux'.

I smile and shake my head, already knowing the translation.

Whatever.

We step inside and the bell above the door dings as we do so. I grab Peter's hand and pull him up to the counter to order with me.

As he looks at the drink menu, his eyes begin to widen with worry.

"What's the matter?" I ask him.

"I'm not sure if I brought enough money." He rubs the back of his neck, embarrassed. "I didn't expect it to be so...pricey."

"I got it." I say dismissively.

He quickly turns his head to my direction. "No way."

"Why not?" I ask.

"You always pay for us! I don't like having to use your money! It makes me feel guilty."

I roll my eyes and smile, "you don't need to feel guilty, Peter. I have plenty of money to spare, trust me. I like paying for you guys."