Waking Up

Harry's P.O.V
I woke up, my head throbbing. I opened my eyes but something felt strange. I felt... disconnected. As if something was terribly wrong.

I appeared to be in the hospital wing. I couldn't remember why I was here at all. I turned to the cabinet beside the bed I was on to get my glasses. But, I could see perfectly fine without them. I pulled my hand back from the cabinet and examined it carefully.

My hand seemed paler. They were smoother and my nails were perfect. I tried to stand up and felt somewhat taller. Instantly regretting it because of the pain in my head, I sat back down. Whatever was going on, it had to be something involving the spell. It's the last thing I remember. A faint thought crossed my mind that if I was hit, then Draco would've been too.

"Madam Pomfrey?" I called. Hoping she was here and could tell me what's going on. My voice sounded strange I noticed, maybe it had something to do with why I was in the hospital wing in the first place.

She came shortly after I called and stared at me in disbelief. Or shock. Maybe both.

"Do you remember anything at all... Harry?" She said slowly, hesitating a bit.

"No- wait yes I do. I remember I was in defence and Ron cast a spell that hit me and Malfoy"

She sighed and just told me to go to Professor McGonagall's office straight away. I stood up and combed my hand through my hair, a nervous habit of mine.

But I froze when there wasn't the thick mess that usually lay on top of my head. Instead my hair was shorter, smoother and not knotty at all. I was terribly confused at this point but made my way to McGonagall's office, convincing myself she would have the answers.

Draco's P.O.V
I woke up in the hospital wing blinking furiously. Everything was way too blurry. All I remember was Weasley casting a spell and me and Harry fainting simultaneously. He'd better not have affected my vision, I'll never wear glasses.

I shouted for Madam Pomfrey multiple times before she walked over to me and stopped to stare. If I looked that bad she didn't have to make it so obvious.

"What?" I asked. I coughed a little thinking my voice was sounding strange. Overall I felt pretty strange, as if I was still dreaming. Of course I wasn't dreaming but it's how I felt.

Thoughts of my voice aside, Madam Pomfrey did the strangest thing. She handed me what looked like glasses. What looked like Potter's glasses. I put them on, my head throbbing too much to argue. I could see clearly now and I took a moment to look at my hands in front of me.

My skin wasn't as pale and my nails were uneven. Weasley really outdid himself this time.

"Draco?" Pomfrey asked

"Yes, what happened to me?" I replied, unsure of why she wasn't certain it was me. All she did was tell me to go to McGonagall's office.

I stood up feeling shorter. Far too short for my liking. I tried to keep my hair out of my face, it felt really messy. When I combed my hands through it to untangle it, I realised it was somewhat thicker and a few strands caught my eye. They. Were. Black. My hair was black.

I stormed to McGonagall's office. I needed answers, a mirror and Wealsey expelled. Possibly Potter expelled too, if he wasn't so moody maybe he wouldn't have made me fall into the area where Weasley was aiming.

In just a few minutes I was on the staircase to McGonagall's office, impatiently waiting for it to get to the top. When I finally got to the top, I saw McGonagall sitting behind her desk. She told me to take a seat. What happened next was way worse than I anticipated.

"Draco I must ask you to keep calm, this will be quite a shock" McGonagall said, scaring me quite a bit.

"Harry, you may come in, but I must ask you to keep calm as well"

The door opened to reveal... ME??

I looked at McGonagall who motioned for the other me to take a seat. She accio'd 2 mirrors and I almost cried.

I looked like Harry. Harry freaking James Potter.

"Somehow Weasley swapped your appearances" McGonagall said with a sigh

"How in the wizarding world he did that I shall never know, I only know he said the incantation wrong and had a broken wand. Again"

Hesitantly, I looked at Potter and he looked back at me. Terror flooded over both our faces. The uncomfortable silence was broken when Potter asked something.

"Professor? How long will we be like... this?" He said signalling his -or my- whole body.

"Until we find a cure I'm afraid" she said.

"What do we do in the meantime then?" I asked unsure as to what I was going to hear.

"Well I was thinking what if you stay in each other's houses. It would be a good experience and it would cause less disruption. I will alert the staff and Ron, Hermione, Blaise and Pansy."

That's it. That's the limit. There was no way I could spend 2 minutes in the Gryffindor common room. But maybe I could get Weasley back somehow.

"No professor, is there really no other way?" Potter pleaded, but it seemed McGonagall had made her mind up.

I looked at my self in the mirror again, inspecting my -or rather Potter's- face. I just hope this didn't last more than a few days, I missed my face already.

"Boys, you may go back to your dormitories. Ron and Blaise will be waiting for both of you." McGonagall concluded.

Me and Potter looked at eachother one last time before grudgingly getting up and walking as slow as humanly possible to the dormitories. Potter had to give me directions but somehow he already knew his way, he said something about 2nd year I think? Oh well I'll ask him later, I have more important matters to deal with. Like how I should get revenge on Weasley for example.

Looking like Potter was far from one of my finest moments. And as much as I sometimes despise the woman, McGonagall was a remarkeble witch and I was pretty sure everything would be fine.