EP 12: BIG NEWS

Episode 12: Big News

        Charlotte's eyes fluttered open, the moment I pulled away. A gentle smile played on her lips, then her eyes begin to close partly.

I wrapped around my shoulder, so that I could bring her to any available guest room. The Charity Ball was long not over, we still had at least 5 hours more. Glancing back up to scan the crowd, I noticed Alexander was gone.

I swallowed hard, did I push it too far? He shouldn't feel any emotion though, afterall he made it clear that he didn't feel a tinge of infactuation.

Getting directions from Mr Claude, I dragged her body to the guest room. I heard her breathing slow down, as she leaned onto my shoulder.

Gently placing her on the cushioned bed, where she snuggled close to the pillows. I knew she was going to have a hangover by morning. Covering her with a blanket, I decided to hang around outside the guest room to ensure her safety.

I did promise her parents to keep her safe and the huge number of  drunk males, I had to make sure that none can get close to doing any of their dirty intentions to her.

Closing the door behind me, I leaned against the door, running my hand through my dark brown curls.

Why do I keep messing up? Why did I kiss Charlotte? I used her as a pawn in my plan to make Alexander jealous which definitely did not succeed.

I rolled my eyes at the thought of my immature act.
" Gabriel..." a all-too-familiar husky voice breathed out. I didn't even have the courage to meet his eyes.

There was uncomfortable silence that hung low in the air.
" Why did you do that?" Alexander voiced out. I peered up at him, taking in the sight of his selvess that were now rolled up, giving me a glimpse of his muscled arms.

I tensed up, just that was a major turn on. " Do what?" I feigned innocence, straightening out my suit.

He clicked his tongue in disapproval, walking closer to me.
" Why did you kiss Charlotte? " he narrowed his eyes, his fists clenched.

I broke out in a fit of laughter, it held a tint of mock in it.
" I didn't realise it was a crime to kiss a girl now? Cause last time I checked, Melanie could hand you one of her sloppy kiss." I snickered. Folding his arms across his chest, he took another menacing step forward.

" Stop acting as though you're the best kisser in the world," he hissed.

I fisted his shirt, pulling him closer. I was surprised by the confidence that I mustered within seconds, it must have been the wine.

" Why act when you experienced a kiss from me already? Have you forgotten that already Xander?" He closed his eyes briefly, I saw  goosebumps dance across his skin.

Leaning in a placed a small kiss just below his ear, "Must I freshen up your memory of our kiss?"

He shivered just at the thought of it.

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪

It's been a week after the Charity Ball, and Alexander has been avoiding me at all cost which made me agitated.

Just thinking back at the past few weeks, I realised that I became bolder and more confident in my actions...especially around Alexander. I wasn't sure whether this was some sort of aftermath of puberty or whether it was all Alexander's subtle doings.

I was glad that Charlotte was too drunk to remember our kiss. It came around to Sunday where it was a must to have our usual family dinners, I knew this was my chance to  meet Alex without him escaping my grasp.

" Gabriel? Earth to Gab? You still there bro?" Kayden shook my shoulders slightly, allowing my senses to kick back to reality.

Feeling slightly dazed, I realised that we were nearing my house.
" yeah sorry, what were you saying?" I gave Kayden a sheepish smile.

He rolled his eyes playfully, a grin never leaving his lips.
" Quit dreaming about me, anyway, you wanna come over to my house tomorrow? I might need some help shifting in." I had to give it to Kayden, he was one hell of a cocky person.

I was actually dreaming about Alex, but he doesn't need to know that...

" Yeah, sure. Just send me the address." I shrugged with a lopsided smile.

Charlotte piped in, " Gabriel, Mr Howard requested your final painting to be in by the end of the term. Have you even started?" My heart nearly stopped beating. How could I forget my art project?

Groaning in frustration, I couldn't believe I let myself get carried away that easily.

" Thanks Char, jesus! I have to get going, I'll see ya'll tomorrow." I dashed into my house, noticing that everyone was already getting warm in their seats.

" I'm so sorry that I'm late." I washed my hands and took a seat right opposite Alexander who this time had the courage to look into my eyes.

" It's alright dear, I hope everything is well." Mum stroked my head, never once will she get frustrated.

As we begin to dig into our scrumptious chicken wings and fries, I noticed Alexander barely touching his meal.

He glanced at me once more, biting his lip nervously. Before I could kick his leg for his weird behavior, he cleared his throat which got the attention of everyone.

" Urm... Mr and Mrs Harris, I need to ask of your permission for something.."

" Sure, hun', what's wrong?" Mum asked with concern.

" Son, enough with those formalities, we are family. You can call us by first name basis, you should know that by now." Dad gave him a warm smile.

His cheeks were now tinted a light shade of red.
" My little niece is flying over here, I need to take care of her while her parents are overseas. Is it alright that she stays here?"

Mum's lips broke into an excited grin, " Sure Alex! I've always wanted to have a girl, instead of those three big devil boys." Mum snickered when we all pouted.

" We have extra guests rooms son, she's welcome here anytime. How old is she? What's her name?" Dad asked curiously.

" Her name is Angie, she's 5 years old." There's was something so weird about the way Alexander spoke about her. He seemed so fond of her, there must definitely have a strong connection.

Alexander thanked my parents profusely abd subtlely gave Blake a smile and a nod.

Everyone went back to munching, but I on the other examined Alexander skeptically. He slowly took a peak, and his face paled almost instantly when he noticed me giving him an unconvinced expression.

Alexander might have fooled my parents and Kai, but he sure as hell will not fool me.

I didn't believe a word he spoke, and I was hell bent on finding out who Angie really was...