Chapter 12-Deal With The Devil

Word Count: 1605

Dawn Turner

Poke.

"Just five more minutes, mom." I muttered, shoving my head under my pillow. If there is one thing I hate the most in this world, It's people waking me up.

If I don't have an alarm on, then I probably have no reason to wake up. So why the hell is my mom waking me up right now?

Poke.

"Mom, what do you want? Let me sleep." I brought my blanket further up, using it as shield between my body and my mom's nonstop poking.

"Wake up, honey!" A high pitched voice echoed in my room.

This doesn't sound right.

I shot out of bed and tilted my head in confusion at what I saw.

"You're not my mom." I made an obvious observation.

I did not have a good night sleep at all last night so I was exhausted. At this point, if Alexander offered to kill me, I would thank him for ending my misery instead of running away in fear.

And so I did something stupid.

I ignored him and went back to bed. Even a fallen angel is not worth me waking up this early in the morning.

"There is absolutely no way you are just going to sit there." He said in disbelief.

"Oh yeah, watch me." I closed my eyes, making myself comfortable in bed again.

After a few minutes of not hearing anything from Alexander, I smiled and allowed my exhausted body to go to sleep. Maybe I was wrong about him and he actually felt sorry for all the pain he's caused me.

"So... you're not going to run away? Or, you know, start begging for your life? At all?" I felt my bed sink to my left and I'm guessing he took a seat there.

I take back everything I said.

"No, just go away. Shoo." I ushered him off my bed, giving him my best glare. "Let the power of Christ compel you, or something."

His jaw dropped when he heard that. "Are you really trying to perform an exorcism on a fallen angel?" I watched his eyes turn red, probably from anger.

And I thought I had a bad temper.

"I'm trying to get some sleep Edward Cullen. Also, could you maybe stand there for a second?" I pointed in front of me. "The sunlight is hitting me right in the face." He gave me a blank stare. "Oh, I'm so sorry. That was so inconsiderate of me. Would your skin glow in the sunlight too?" I asked, faking concern.

"Are you done?" His voice was sharp. I shook my head. "Come on. Stand up." He took my blanket away despite me struggling. "Run! This is so boring."

"I'm not here for your entertainment."

"Well right now it's the only thing keeping you alive."

"Why are you even in such a hurry to kill me? Don't you usually like making your move at night?" I yelled at him and went to grab my blanket. "And why are you awake at the crack of dawn? Do you miss me that much, Alexander?" I teased him and tried grabbing my blanket off the floor. He extended his leg, making me trip and fall to the ground.

Son of a bitch.

"Well, come on then!" He pointed at my bedroom door and motioned for me to stand up. "Run!" I've never seen him look this excited about something before.