43.✔

Cassandra's POV

It was currently 6:15pm and I was just now starting to get ready.

My hair is wrapped up tightly in a blue towel while it air drys a bit. I decide to start my makeup, just barely applying foundation under my eyes then moving on to my brows. I've always had full brows so I just brushed the big bushes out and moved onto eyeshadow.

I did a smoky eye and applied a thick black line above my lashes and on my waterline. After one coat of mascara, I was done and moving onto my hair. I blow dried it, my natural curls falling loosely right above my breasts. I put some oil on my hair to make it shine, it seeming to do the trick. Now I just needed to find something to wear.

I walked over to my small closet, which was in need of a light because you can't see anything in here. I rip out dresses and lace tops, everything seeming not good enough for this little date I was going on in less than ten minutes. My royal blue dress stands out from the rest so I pick it up, taking it off the hanger and slipping the silk like material on it hugging my curves then flaring out at the bottom which ends a couple of inches above the knee.

I take out a pair of black flats, since me and heels do not mix. There's a knock on the door and I know exactly who it is.

I walk to the entrance, taking my time so I don't seem too eager. I open the door to find Edward standing there in all black with the front of his shirt unbuttoned down to the middle of his stomach where tattoos are visible.

"Well, don't you look stunning." He compliments me, my cheeks turning red.

"You too." I say back.

"You ready for a night with Styles?" That sounded wrong...

But I just brushed it off saying,

"Styles?" I was confused.

"Yes, Styles. My last name is Styles." He filled me in.

So, Edward Styles. I feel like something is just missing there but I push the thought aside and grab my coat, locking the door behind me.

Edward opens the passenger door for me and I slip in his old truck, buckling my seat belt. He does the same and starts the vehicle, it roaring to life.

"So, where to?" I ask glancing over at him.

"It's a surprise." He answers.

I don't try and get the answer out of him, knowing we'd be there soon enough.

Ten minutes later we pulled up to a cute little restaurant that was located between two brick buildings the name reading, 'Cobbler Cafe'. We got out, walking side by side to the door.

It was incredibly small but very cute. Only a few tables lined the walls, pictures hung on the brick and the smell coming from the kitchen was amazing. We take a seat by the door, us being the only people in here. A waitress with short brown hair comes, walking over with two menus in hand.

"Hello, I'm Missy. Welcome to Cobbler Cafe, can I start you off with something to drink? Maybe a coke or sweet tea?" The bubbly girl asked, her ray of happiness bringing my mood up a notch.

"I'll have a sweet tea." I answered the young girl.

"And I'll have the same." Edward added.

Missy ran off to the back leaving me and Edward to scan the menus for something good to eat. Everything looked great, to be honest.

"Would you maybe want to share a large, thin crust pizza? I've had them before and they're fantastic!" He smiles widely at me.

"That sounds great." I agree to the pizza.

Edward orders our food when Missy comes back with our drinks.

"So tell me about yourself " He asked, staring at me.

I think for a moment. What would interest him?

There's really not much to me since he already knows where I work so I have to think hard on this question.

"Honestly, there's really not much to me." I answer giving up on what I could tell him.

He looks at me thoughtfully.

"There must be something you can tell me."

"There really isn't anything. I'm twenty-three years old, I enjoy my job as a therapist and I have a younger brother who is fourteen -named Ben." Thats's all I could think of on the spot.

Boring, yes. But at least it's something.

"Well I'm twenty-six, I currently work at this little music store in the mall and I have no siblings." He told me.

"It must have been boring growing up with no brothers or sisters." I asked.

I don't know what I would have done without Ben. I loved taking care of him when he was a baby.

"Actually, I had a younger sister but she died." I instantly felt bad for asking, that must have been awful.

"Oh, I'm so sorry."

"It's fine, really. It happened a long time ago." He frowned.

It was silent 'til our food came. Missy happily set the pizza on the small table and we ate in silence, neither one of us knowing what to say. I regret ever asking him about siblings.

Edward got up and paid Missy for the food. I walked on out to the car, knowing the ride home would probably be awkward as well. He came walking towards the car saying,

"Let's go for a walk." I agreed, following him down the vacant walkway, the nights cool breeze piercing through my thin coat.

I should have brought something warmer since it is November.

"I'm sorry for making dinner so awkward. Just... When my sister is brought up it just brings back bad memories." He finally spoke up.

"Cassie, I think you're the most beautiful, smart and kindhearted girl I've ever known and I just want you to know that." My heart melted at his sweet words, my cheeks blushing.

"Thank you, Edward. And I think you're a very wonderful man that I can't wait to get to know more of." He smiled down at me.

Not just any smile but a true, genuine smile.

"Thank you, Cass." We walk hand in hand in the small park with only the moon and the occasional light pole.

It was peaceful out here, so quiet.

"I hope you'll go on another date with me." Edward spoke up after the silence.

"Well I believe I get to pick the next place." I say smiling up at him.

We stop on a bench in front of a water fountain, the liquid frozen from the winter air. Edward looks deeply at me, putting one hand on my cheek, caressing it. He leans in and I panic, is he really going to kiss me?

No, he can't. I pull back, standing from my sitting position.

"Well, it's getting late. We better go."

"Oh, okay." We walk back awkwardly.

Why did I have to do that? I bet he kisses amazingly.

We get in his truck, the ride home silent. He walks me up to my apartment and stops at the door saying,

__________________________________________________________________________

Short I know :/

But go ahead and enjoy the sweet lovely things because it's about to end soon

Idk when I'll update

P.s ily

P.s read The Sexton House Harry Styles it's on my profile