Chapter One

Hello fellow Wattpaders,

I hope you all are doing well.

First, thank you for choosing I Loved You Blindly. I hope you'll enjoy reading it as I've enjoyed writing it.

The second thing, and I promise not to bother you during the book - this one at least-. Perhaps in the final chapters or so, but I do kindly request of you that you hit that star button if you read something that you liked or felt that tug at your heartstrings. If you wish to drop a comment or discuss anything I would absolutely love that too.

Now, enough with the yappity yap and let's do this!

❤️ Wish you a good time :]

********

Skye

"This is the last box!" I announced loudly while closing the door behind me with my foot.

A sigh came from the kitchen with a pleased edge, "Finally!" Then a smaller sigh came from the living room.

Stuffing the box next to the others, I zigzagged my way to the living room where Matt has already occupied one end of the couch. I took the other end –more like freefell- leaving the space between us vacant for Aunt Sophie.

I could feel the exhaustion settling in my bones and weighing me deeper into the cushion resulting in an inhuman sigh erupting out of me. Using the legs of my jeans to help lifting my unresponsive limbs on top of the box in front of me for more comfort and there could never be a better feeling in the world. There weren't enough brain signals left in me to make my legs move without help. Speaking of which, no part of me wanted to move anywhere for a very long time.

Aunt Sophie balanced herself with one hand on the back of the couch while she jumped my outstretched legs and then dropped between Matt and me.
She handed each one of us a juice box which we took gratefully. I didn't realize how thirsty I was until the sweet, cold liquid reached my mouth and trickled down my throat.

We sat there silently staring at the sea of boxes that surrounded us, with straws sticking out of our mouths and bodies too aching to move.

"We have a lot of unpacking to do." I was the first to break the silence.

Now that everything we owned was stuffed somewhere in a brown carton box in front of us. I never noticed how many things I had until I had to sort and pack.

"Ooooooh yeeeah!" Matt stretched out.

Followed by an "Uh-huh" from Aunt Sophie. "Well, we don't have to do it all at once. Let's start with the important stuff and just empty the rest little by little as we go." She looked at me and I was nodding then at Matt who gave her a thumbs up. None of us attempted to move.

"You meant tomorrow right?" I asked. I didn't make any effort to turn my head and just let it roll on the back of the couch.

"Oh yes, of course!" She said right away as if she was waiting for someone to voice out that suggestion. Aunt Sophie did the same and rolled her head towards me. "We did two weeks' worth of workout today. I don't have to start work until next week, and you guys don't have school until Monday, so no rush." Aunt Sophie said, "We can at least finish our rooms and the kitchen."

My stomach turned at the mention of school. Not only was it a new school, but a new city and a new house too. 'A different start' we called it. Not to mention that Matt and I have already missed three weeks since school started and we have a lot of catching up to do. So, yippee!

Aunt Sophie must have sensed my inner battle because she patted my knee.

When I looked at her she gave me one of her encouraging smiles, and my heart ached. She looked a lot like mum. They both had the same wide, kind blue eyes, even the same face shape and features. Except Aunt Sophie looked like a twenty-three-year-old version of mum. 'Mini-me' was what mum used to call her.