Prologue

Empty.

Emotionless.

Hatred.

Anger.

Heartless.

Nothing.

A girl, at the age of ten, stared with her empty purple eyes. Blood was covering the girl's face and as well as her hands. She had a Benz's knife in her left hand which was covered in blood but it was not her blood.

It was his.

Her victim, a young boy and possibly at the age from five to six, was laying on the ground, lifeless. A pool of blood was slowly growing bigger below the dead body, causing his shirt and pants to be stained by the crimson liquid. The victim's body was distorted. Limbs were folded and his head was bent out of shape like how a gymnastic would do. A heart, which was suppose to be located at a certain part of a chest, was laying beside him, not pounding or pumping. It was clearly impossible that it would happen that easily but the girl told otherwise.

On the boy's chest was huge hole. The lungs and the bones belonging to the rib cage were seen but there was a missing organ. The organ that gives us a life. The organ that performs everything in our body. The organ that makes you listen to it instead of your brain.

His heart.

The girl sadistically smirked at her so-called masterpiece before licking her lips where there was blood around her mouth. She moaned in delight before licking her fingers and proceeded to clean her knife thoroughly, which it was precious to her as someone oh-so-kindly handed it to her. Focusing the aura she had learned from her master which we all called Nen, she started to imagine herself cleaning the knife and washing it, leaving no blood behind.

The knife in her hand started to lose the crimson colour, leaving only the silver which of course belonged to the knife. She looked at it in amusement, still could not believe that she could have this sort of power. Putting back the knife inside her boots, she walked away from the dead body, accidentally stepping on to the heart which made it sprayed the red liquid all over her perfectly new boots.

She groaned in annoyance yet continued to walk away from the body, not bothering to clean her boots. Though, as she walked, her boots made a sizzle noise and small smokes started to form on her shoes. The blood, which covered her shoes, then slowly dissipated into the air and her boots which used to be dirty was then clean, leaving no trace of blood behind. It would be amazing if there is such a thing as Dissipating boots, where whenever something covers the object or if she is stepping on a surface other than the ground such as flesh, by making any sort of contact to it will make it disappear slowly. As if it was like a hot iron making contact with a cloth and it showed a hole below it with some burnt marks.

As the girl emerged out of the alley, she grew annoyed as the crowd was busy and noisy. It was evening in York Shin. The streets lights were over towering the crowd and the stars were glistening in the night. Usually at a time like this, people will be at home and sleeping and yet the roads are crowded with people. Letting out a hopeless sigh from the girl's mouth, she tipped the edge of her hood forward, ensuring nobody saw her face and walked to a direction she was too familiar with and used the wall as her guidance. She does not like human contact. Not one bit. It triggers her, a lot. As if just by bumping on to her shoulder can be a bad sign to anybody.