4. Just a smidge

This is bad like really bad, a magical case that has magical creatures inside it, is now in the possession of a muggle, what happens if he opens it?

At the moment Tina, Newt and myself are rushing down the streets of New York looking for where the muggle lived.
"I can't believe you both didn't obliviate that man, if there's an inquiry, I'm finished!" Tina said to newt and I .
"So why would you be finished? I'm the one that's......" newt tried to ask but I accidentally cut him off.
" Tina isn't allowed to be near the Second Salemers ,that's why!"
We stopped briefly, seeing a small, sapphire blue insect with wings on its head flying in front of us and then it buzzes away past us, we all turned to see where it could have gone.

This cant be good, that means the case was opened if the insect is on the loose, we should probably start running now.

I think newt came to the same conclusion as me ,because I saw Newt look forward towards the direction where it could have come from. Coming to the same realization as I did.

Newt started walking forward more quickly now
"What was that?" Tina asked skeptically.
"Er....Moth, I think. Big moth" Newt stuttered and carried on forward, adjusting my glasses I quicken my pace to catch up with him. I came right next to him and whispered.
"Nice cover up hey, I don't think she noticed" , I didn't mean to be sarcastic it's just in my nature, I looked up and noticed that newt was looking down at me and even though the situation is serious , the corner of his lips twitched up into a little smile.

He still has that cute adorable small even after all these years, STOP IT BELLA! He doesn't remember you and probably doesn't feel the same way.

Ugh I hate emotions they are just to much sometimes.

The three of us turned a corner and saw a crowd forming in front of one of the residential buildings, I could see a lot of smoke ,some of the residents living in the building were rushing down the emergency fire escape stairs to escape.

We dodged and squeezed past people to get closer seeing an officer yelling
"Hey, quiet down. I'm trying to get a statement.

"I'm telling you it's a gas explosion again. I ain't taking the kids back up there until it's safe." A woman said holding her children within her arms making sure they were close.
"Sorry maam. There ain't no smell of gas." The officer tried to persist
"It wasn't gas, officer, I seen it! It was a.... a gigantic..... a huge hippopotto .....gas" Newt quickly preformed an obliviate spell as we passed the man that was gonna say something.

"Gas" the obliviated man said finally and so did the crowd.
While the officer was distracted with the crowd of people I followed newt up the stairs and into the building, the people rushing out of the building didn't pay us much attention.

Newt opened the door leading to the muggles home, and as he looked to the right he froze , I wonder why. From what I could see over his shoulder the room was very bright but dusty. Newt moved over to let me in and oh my gosh the room was completely destroyed, wooden planks were everywhere and then I turned to the right seeing a giant hole, well it wasn't gas at least.

 Newt moved over to let me in and oh my gosh the room was completely destroyed, wooden planks were everywhere and then I turned to the right seeing a giant hole, well it wasn't gas at least