Pretty Little Bitches

Miss Molly. Just a heads up, for some there is a trigger warning for the second half of the chapter. 

_____________________

"'Y𝚘𝚞 𝚖𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚟𝚎𝚕 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚜𝚎 𝚠𝚘𝚘𝚍𝚜 𝚊𝚐𝚊𝚒𝚗 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚊𝚐𝚊𝚒𝚗', 𝚜𝚊𝚒𝚍 𝚊 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚗𝚍𝚘𝚠, '𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚖𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚋𝚎 𝚕𝚞𝚌𝚔𝚢 𝚝𝚘 𝚊𝚟𝚘𝚒𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚘𝚕𝚏 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎. 𝙱𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚘𝚕𝚏, 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚘𝚕𝚏 𝚘𝚗𝚕𝚢 𝚗𝚎𝚎𝚍𝚜 𝚎𝚗𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑 𝚕𝚞𝚌𝚔 𝚝𝚘 𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚘𝚗𝚌𝚎.'"

Anna and Paige followed Claire as she strolled ahead of them over to Molly, who was taking small nibbles of her peanut butter and jelly sandwich with her eyes glued to the table in front of her. 

Molly Mayes was an introvert, or as most of her peers liked to say, a freak. 

Most days she kept to herself, head down and hugging her books to her chest as she walked to class. It was clear that she didn't want to be noticed, however, she became a target for that exact reason. She wasn't the only introvert in school and certainly wasn't the only one to experience how awful people can be to one another.  

But she did take most of the abuse.

For what reason, well Anna wasn't entirely sure. 

There was talk that Molly hadn't always been shy, that an event of some sort took place before Anna moved to town that shifted her into a person who would rather melt into a wall, then talk to anyone.

Anna remembered hearing that perhaps a family member close to her had died suddenly or disappeared. But if it were true, she was unclear on the facts and really didn't care to give much thought to it. 

Molly wasn't like the rest of the kids that were picked on. She was a cute girl, with a fresh face and stylish clothes. Her blonde hair always fell in fragile wispies over her petite face and her deep green eyes were welcoming. There was little to nothing wrong with her as far as her looks and although she was shy, she was sweet in the rare occasion she had to speak. 

Claire ran the school and with that responsibility, felt it was her job to personally torture each and every student she felt didn't belong in her world. Unfortunately, Molly felt her wrath one thousand percent more than any other person in the school.

It was a fact Anna never truly understood, but she knew better than to question Claire and her tactics. It was easier for everyone if Anna agreed and backed Claire in everything she did. 

Molly was a lot like Anna, or at least Anna used to be a lot like her. Reserved and shy, never wanting to be the center of anyone's attention. But after moving to town, many things changed. Including the fact that Anna took part in the mistreatment of Molly and other students on occasion.

Claire stopped at the opposite end of the table Molly was seated at, she leaned in putting her hands on the table top, "Molly, what a surprise it is to see you're eating alone," Claire blurted sarcastically, "Maybe if you weren't such a fucking freak, people would be more inclined to sit with you."

Molly chewed the small bits of her food slowly, her gaze focused somewhere else in the room. She hadn't even looked up to meet Claire's.

Anna always noticed she never looked scared however, just uncaring and somewhat cold. 

"The least you could do is look at her when she's talking to you," Anna suggested harshly, but Molly didn't seem phased as her eyes stayed glued to whatever she fixated on, just behind Claire.