Complications

"Why don't just tell me what's the problem? We've been at it for hours, Jennie!"

"Even if I tell you, would you even understand? You don't see my point, Jisoo!"

"So that's enough reason to ignore me this whole time?!"

"You're the one who started it!"

"I'm only angry. Not ignoring you!"

"You're also screaming at me!"

"You're doing the exact same thing!"

"I know that well enough, mandu!"

"Don't call me that!!"

If the couple was somewhat from a popular anime, anyone would've seen steams above their head and their words in upper cases all over the frame. They were both staring at each other with such intent that it was sheer luck if  this was the only time they raised their voices too seriously ever since they became a couple. But it sure wasn't the first.

"What?" Jennie asked when she felt eyes on her after the dead silence between them. "What the hell are you looking at?"

"I just realized you're just too cute when you're angry." Jisoo receive the glare and even when she didn't want to, just like last time she ended up chuckling. "Particularly when you're jealous."

"I'm not—"

"You sure about that?"

"There's no way—"

"Come on, Jennie, you can tell me."

"It's not the fucking reason—!"

"Yeah yeah sure. You're still so obvious—"

"She backhugged you!! She fucking did that in front of me, Jisoo! And she was even proud about it!" The brunette bursted out and stood up. "So fine! Yes! I'm jealous!"

With those, Jisoo bursted out laughing again. Seeing Jennie pissed off for what seemed like a simple matter to her, had her covering her face. It was cute and everything but the latter only furrowed her eyebrows more.

"You're actually laughing right now?"

"I just... I don't understand. She's my best friend, Jennie."

"Best friend?" She scoffed and shook her head. She picked up her bag and started going down the bleachers. Jisoo realized she may have said the wrong thing. This whole time... only Jennie was her best friend. "Best. Friend. Huh."

"Jennie, you know you're my girlfriend!"

She shouted before Jisoo can reach her. "And you fucking know that I can tell when someone has their eyes on you."

"What? That's impossible! Yah!!"

"I've been there! I've done that! Who knows if she's the next best friend you're going for this time?"

The older girl had a look of hurt and Jennie only bit her lip for a bit. It wasn't fall nor winter but the breeze suddenly became harsh. "You're doubting me? Seriously?"

Jennie didn't answer any of those and only gave her a look. It was the look that Jisoo dreads to see as it was making her uneasy every single time. It was making her feel as if just one wrong move or word would break their relationship.

She knew relationships were bound to get complications. She used to laugh before as to how couples take time to act awkward and stupid when they can just get down and talk things through. She used to think of all things and ways in fixing and making up after a fight in case it happened to her.

But now she understood.

As Jennie walked away from her, she understood why it takes a long time. She understood why some could only stood dumbfoundedly. Why some could stay on the spot as if the weight of the world was thrown to them when everything seemed measly a few seconds ago.

Jisoo understood that when you're the person in that position... everything just seems so complicated to the point that trying a single thing could wreck you all over.

***

anyone still reading this? (:
thanks for the 1k votes 🖤