THIRTY-SEVEN

CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN
( INTERVENTION )

THERE WERE TIMES IN Nick's life when he wondered how the hell he acquired so many friends, especially recently, though considering he broke up with Peter, maybe he had less friends than he thought

THERE WERE TIMES IN Nick's life when he wondered how the hell he acquired so many friends, especially recently, though considering he broke up with Peter, maybe he had less friends than he thought. But anyway, disregarding that, he had a good amount friends, which shocked him. As of late, he hasn't been the best person or friend – or even boyfriend, obviously – and for the most part he successfully distanced himself from everyone up until earlier that week and late last week. It was weird.

Not since the summer has there been more than a few of his friends over, and it honestly felt odd, not because of the amount of people though that could be apart of it, but because he could visibly tell a few of them were upset or angry at him. Shawn Parker clearly was, the junior shooting daggers at Nick every so often, and there was no confusion as to why. The two were on opposite sides of the room, much to Nick's gratefulness. He didn't want to know what would happen if they were closer. Shawn wasn't a violent person, but he was the face behind the mask of the newest vigilante running around the city.

Then Harry Osborn looked pissed as well. He was slouched in the loveseat with his arms crossed and a rather unpleased expression. He wouldn't even look at Nick, or even Gwen who had forced him to come. The girl's jet black hair was pushed back with a yellow headband that stuck out against her dark hair, and she was sitting up with her legs and arms crossed. She didn't look as annoyed or pissed like Harry, so Nick had no idea how she felt about him. She did smile at him once, so he took that as a good sign. Then, him and Anita were still on the rocky side of things despite talking the previous Saturday.

Everyone else, he was okay with. James and Mitch had been forced to come to this 'intervention' (as Anita called it) by Anita herself, and other than being slightly annoyed by that, they were happy to be there. Marty was happy about the intervention and in an alright situation with Nick; the two still had a few things to talk about, but Nick wasn't avoiding or distancing himself from Marty anymore, for now. Olivia was there, too, and now that Nick knew about what had went on between his two friends, he could clearly tell something was off between the couple. Olivia didn't seem to have any negative emotions towards Nick, and for that the soccer player was happy. Ned was... Well, Ned was just sitting there not really saying anything with a look the curly haired boy couldn't read, so Nick honestly had no idea if he hated him for breaking up with Peter or not.

It was bit tense as they all sat in the living of his home, and somewhat awkward, and Nick was suddenly glad that his dad decided to go see Ryan for the day. Because, if Dan Berry was still there, it would be even more awkward.

"So, what are we all here for?" Mitch asked as he walked in the living room with a giant bowl of chips in one hand and a plate of sandwiches in the other. "I know this involves Nick, but you didn't explain much, Anita."

Anita sighed and leaned back in one of the kitchen chairs they had brought into the living so everyone had a place to sit. "It's an intervention type thing," she said. "We are here to talk about Nick and Peter, with Nick, because we know Peter's side of things and we need Nick's side."