[2] - War Stories

female lead | stranger

*

"Hey."

"Hello?"

"Did the untimely hours of my call last night escape your mind already or is it the rain? I've found that people are more likely to forget or not care about words spoken from an individual if the weather is anything but clear skies, which is slightly odd. Don't you agree?"

"Um...yes..."

"..."

"You don't remember, do you."

"I'm sorry, last night wasn't the best for me. It may have ended in a trip to the bar."

"That's funny. You sounded completely sober to me."

"Tell me who you are. I might remember."

"I'm no one, it doesn't matter."

"It must matter if you're calling me back."

"Does questions about suicide ring a bell?"

"..."

"..."

"Oh!"

"I remember now..."

"..."

"Is everything ok?"

"I'm calling again to regard what I said last night..."

"About the...save me stranger thing?"

"Yeah. I'm sorry that happened. I was uh...I was in a depressed mood and I want to apologize for interfering with anything you might have had going on."

"Like I said, went to the bar, but was home when you called. There was nothing to interfere, I promise."

"Ok. Welll...thanks for putting up with that whole ordeal. You won't have to hear from me again. Goodbye—"

"Wait."

"What?"

"It didn't seem like nothing, what you said.."

"But it was nothing. Just me blabbering off when I'm in those kinds of moods. I shouldn't have said anything—or called for that matter. It was a mistake."

"Well, it's a Saturday night and all I'm doing is sitting on the couch watching reruns of Lost In Space. So, you wanna talk about it?"

"You seriously wanna hear sob stories from a nineteen year old girl?"

"Why not?"

"What if I'm really a hacker trying to find your location?"

"I'd be flattered."

"Wow. That's rough."

"Life's rough."

"Amen."

"Wanna swap war stories?"

"I barely know you, Stranger. How do I know you're not the actual stalker here?"

"You don't."

"..."

"Ahhh, I see what you did there."

"If were gonna share how much our lives suck there has to be trust in this relationship."

"Eh. Never said I was one to share."

"A lot of people tell me I sound older on the phone but I'm actually twenty one."

"You sure about that, old man?"

"Ouch. Not you too."

"Sorry not sorry."

"It's your turn. Share a little something."

"..."

"I don't know..."

"It's ok, you don't have to. Just wanted it out there that I'm not some creepy old timer."

"Yeah, I get that—"

"..."

"What was that noise?"

"My boyfriend. He just got home from—"

"..."

"I gotta go."

.....

"Guess we're swapping war stories another time then?"

"..."

"Hello?"

*
I may not have a lot of followers but the ones that are here I'm so grateful for.
Especially this one.
They were the first to read, comment, vote, and add this story to their reading list.
Dedication goes to:
>>>> @darkmoondays <<<<
^^^^^^^^^^^

It didn't highlight or seem to recognize their username but that's them I promise :p

That's all I wanted to say.

Till next time

❤️