Chapter 55

You hadn't noticed the quiet lifting of the window, you hadn't noticed the barely audible footsteps, you hadn't noticed someone was in your room, until you were shaken awake.

At first you were oblivious, thinking it was only Jiho. You rubbed your eyes before whining when the lights were flicked on.

"Jiho," You whine, "I'm sleepy, let me go back to bed." You felt your face be clutched between a pair of large hands and you lazily looked up, your eyes widen and you open your mouth to speak.

"Puppy," Your words get lodged in your throat, "My precious little puppy, I've missed you so much!" The delicate whispers bring tears to your eyes. You held the hands tightly and your heart sped up, you knew it, you knew that this effect would have such a hold on you. You smiled as wide as your face would allow.

"I love you so much, puppy. I promise, I will never let you leave my side ever again! You scared me so much..."

"I'm sorry I caused you so much worry." You embrace the one who you felt so much love for, they held you tightly against their chest and you felt so protected.

"We have to leave, puppy, we have to get out of here, right now." You had no reason to argue, you were carefully lead out of the window and you ran to an unfamiliar vehicle. As soon as you got there, you heard a loud grunt and the sound of a struggle sounded behind you.

"You stay off of my girlfriend you sick bastard!" That voice, the look, it couldn't be... but it was.

Jung Hoseok.

He came for you, he was going to save you, and he had Namjoon lying on the ground as he pummeled punch after punch into the man's face.

You squeak when you feel an arm wrap around your shoulders and you come face to face with Rosé, she quickly leads you away to the van were you immediately see Jungkook.

"Rosé, stay with Y/N and Jin, Jimin has already called the police, I'm going to go get Hobi." Jungkook says before he darts off to collect the older.

You were completely shaken up, everything you thought was true was a huge lie. And what made matters worse,

You realize you cheated on Hoseok.

Tears immediately fall from your eyes and you weep loudly. You felt so vile, so disgusting, you couldn't believe yourself. But here you were, being rescued by the man who truly loves you, and you were willingly about to leave off with the other man you thought you were in love with.

Rosé and you sat in the back seat, she held you close and you cling to her, your mumbled words spill out as you confess how absolutely terrible you felt, on how you couldn't believe how you fell for your captures,

On how you fell in love with someone else.

After a few long moments of your sobbing, you hear the panting of two breathless boys and the sirens of police cars. You could care less about the flashing blue and red lights almost blinding your vision, you could only stare at the man who looked at you with such tender affection. The man you betrayed.

You felt your tears flow faster down your cheeks, "H-Hobi..." you cry harder when he leaps into the van and you embrace him. He kisses the top of your head and he, too, begins to cry.

"Puppy," That name, the true creator of your nickname, the only person who should ever call you such things, "It's ok, I'm right here. I got you now, you're safe."

"Hobi I feel terrible!" You press your face more into his chest, "They did things to me, Hobi. I thought it was real, I thought they loved me! I thought they truly cared! Hobi... I thought I loved them, I'm so sorry!"

Hoseok softly hushes you and he slowly cradles you back and forth, "I understand, puppy—"

"No! You don't! I cheated on you, I'm so sorry," Your rationality was overtaken by your emotions, your entire body shakes as you continue to cry, "I slept with both of them, Hobi, Jiho forced me to... but I consented with Namjoon... I'm so sorry, I'm sorry..."

"It's ok," Hoseok presses a kiss to your forehead before slowly raising your head by curing a finger under your chin, "It's not your fault, they tricked you, those pricks... they'll get what they deserve, but right now... I don't want you to focus on them, I don't want you to focus on what happened. I want you to focus on me, on us, Y/N. Block everything and everyone else out, it's just you and me, ok?" You nod your head before Hoseok presses a light kiss to your lips. You curl back into him and hold him tightly, he almost wraps his entire body over you and he begins to softly stroke your hair.

"I love you," Your voice is above a whisper as you try to fight back the urge to cry some more, "I love you so much."

Without any hesitation, without any resentment or having any tone of doubt. Without any lightheartedness or any condescending attitude, you finally get to hear the words you haven't heard in a long time. You hear the words that hold so much meaning, a feeling you've almost forgotten. The way your heart would flutter in your chest, the way your stomach had butterflies full, the immediate smile and blush that forms to your face. These few small, but powerful words that could make or break a person in the span of a breath....

"I love you more, puppy.

And I'll always love you."

________________________________

A/N: Welcome home, Y/N! It's good to have you back 😂. I'm sorry it took so long to update, my schedule has been pretty hectic lately, but I promise I'll do my best to publish as soon as possible! Have a good night, everyone!

~Night Writer