Part 16

"She's my wife, Taehyung."

I'm his what?!

There was a long silence.

That doesn't make sense. No sane person would murder his wife's parents. Right?

"Stop lying. You killed her parents. If she really was your wife, you wouldn't have done that."

"Oh, but I am telling the truth. She's the same person I used to talk to you so fondly about."

Is he... actually telling the truth?

"Then why did you-"

"I don't have the obligation to explain my actions to you. Know your place, prince!"

Footsteps could be heard, drawing near towards me.

"Where do you think you're going?!"

The stepping sound stopped. "To find my wife, what else? I clearly understand that you have no intention of giving her to me."

Now someone was running.

"You think I'll let you roam freely? Remember that you're on someone else's territory," Taehyung growled.

"You don't have the guts to attack me, Taehyung," the young man mocked him.

As I was so immersed in their conversation, I didn't notice Amy, who was holding a tray of some snacks and tea, knocking on the door right next me and instantly opening it, revealing the two men.

Taehyung's eyes landed on me and widened.

The other person turned his head towards me and I stopped breathing.

The one face I was so dreading to see.

Memories that I never wanted to remember came back to me as soon as his eyes met mine.

"J-"

My knees became weak and I dropped to the floor.

He quickly squatted down and held out his hand for me to grab, but for a split second, I saw blood on his hand and slapped his hand away, screaming.

"Don't touch me!"

I wrapped my arms around myself and whimpered.

He retracted his hand. I could feel his stare on me, and I crawled further away from him.

Taehyung stepped towards me and pulled me on my feet, holding me close to him.

"Leave, Jungkook! Or I will force you out of here," he demanded, anger dripping from his voice.

"I'm not leaving without her," Jungkook fought back.

I gripped Taehyung's arm when he was about to walk towards him. "You really have changed a lot, haven't you? I'm ashamed to have called you my friend before. If you think you can drag her out of this place, you have another thing coming. I won't let you touch her," he clenched his jaw.

I was feeling nauseous.

"I'm her rightful husband, Taehyung. She already belongs to me," he poked his tongue against his cheek, stepping forward.

"Don't you dare say that! You don't have the right to call yourself her husband!"

"Are you disregarding the law right now? I know how much your kingdom loves to uphold the law. You might just be punished for stealing another's wife," he sneered.

Taehyung gritted his teeth and his grip on my shoulders tightened.

I was helpless. Utterly helpless.

I couldn't bring myself to face him head on and call off the marriage.

I couldn't utter a single word.

I was powerless.

After having a heated glaring battle, Jungkook sighed and held out his hand. "My wife, Taehyung," he asked.

Taehyung stepped backwards, pulling me closer to him. "Never."

Oh no.

This can't be good.

He was really going to be in trouble if he kept refusing. I trembled.

Because of me, he was going to be punished or worse, engaging in war with him.

"Taehyung," he warned.

I shivered.

"I don't care if you punish me or even attack my kingdom, Jungkook. She's never going back to Leovalon. She will be staying here with me," Taehyung stated.

I buried my face into his chest and took a deep breath, taking in his warmth and his calming scent, perhaps for the last time.

I couldn't believe what I was about to do, but I had to do it. For him.

I laughed and pulled myself away. "You think I like being here with you?"

He looked at me confused. "What?"

"You really are foolish if you think I have feelings for you. Didn't you realize? I was only using you for shelter and other necessities. In fact, I despised you and your pushoverness. I'm really sick of this place," I spat and walked towards Jungkook. "I'm going back to my kingdom. At least I won't have to see all of your faces there."

"Y/N, what are you saying? Stop lying to me," Taehyung whispered with his face twisted in confusion and hurt.

I'm sorry. Don't take it hard on yourself. Please don't believe my words.

"Shut up. I'm even sick of hearing your voice, too. Don't even dare show me your face again, it's annoying me," I hissed and turned away from him after standing behind Jungkook.

I hoped for him to at least buy it and not come for me after this, but I also hoped for him to not believe what I was saying. One thing was for sure, my words were hurting me.

"Then, it's settled. We're leaving now," Jungkook said and pulled my hand, walking out of the hall.

Taehyung stood there, trying to process what was happening. Hurt would be an understatement to what he was feeling. He was dazed because of my harsh words and finally snapped out of it when the door closed, its sound echoing through the hall.

He quickly ran out of the room and stepped outside where we were getting inside a carriage.

"Y/N! I know you didn't mean what you said. I know you. Please, stay here with me. You're hurting yourself. Don't do this," he cried out.

I hastily took my seat and ordered, "Let's go! Now!"

When I looked back, he was running towards us with his eyes glistening with tears and I bit my lips, turning to the front.

"Can't you go any faster?!" I yelled.

Please stop.

Don't come for me.

Please.

A/N: Soo I've been sick for a few days bc the weather changed drastically. And as this scene was quite important, I've been thinking about it for a long time rewriting it over and over again, hence the delay. Tbh, as I'm going into the twist and main events now, I may update slower bc I'm carefully imagining and writing them down. Plus I have school hahahahahaendmysufferinghahahaha.

Please support me and my book.

Thank you for reading and please don't forget to vote if you liked this chapter 💜