84. Desperation

"You guys familiar with air pressure?"

Hoseok grinned as the gears of his mind ran, flashbacks of his days in the school's top science class flashing in his head. Jin and Emily gave him a skeptical look, bafflement evident in their squinted eyes and crooked smiles.

"I will be quite honest with you Hoseok... I do not remember anything from my science classes," Jin awkwardly rubbed his nape. Hearing his formal tone, Hoseok remembered that the water gem bearer was the son of a senator. "So air pressure... what did you mean by that?"

"Air is composed of many different gasses, Seokjin. We have nitrogen, oxygen, carbon dioxide and much more," Hoseok tapped his glasses and raised a finger. Jin blinked at the mention of his full name. "But when the force of gravity acts on the weight of the wind, it produces air pressure!"

Emily opened her mouth to say something but ended up clapping her lips shut instead. After a moment of thinking, she spoke. "And what exactly is your plan?"

Hoseok turned towards Massimo, who was scraping his metal claws against the ground. Staring at the Helian's metal body, the air gem bearer smirked. "Once there's enough air pressure, even metal can be crushed. However, this will be easier if we put Massimo in an enclosed space."

"I think I can help with that," Jin suggested, a big grin now on his face. Hoseok noticed how round his cheeks were. "Will trapping him in ice be enough?"

Hoseok nodded. "More than enough. Just make it tight to prevent Massimo from moving but leave space for me to whip up some air inside."

Jin nodded, his blonde fringe falling over his eyes as he did so. He then smirked and formed an ice blade around his wrist. "You sure that will be enough to force Massimo to his wooden form?"

"I'm positive," Hoseok winked playfully from behind his goggles and cracked his knuckles. "Upon observation, I've concluded that he switches between those two forms often. He'll probably morph to wood out of instinct... if he doesn't want his bones shattered, at least."

Hands on his knees, Hoseok grunted as he stood up. Massimo was just staring at the trio, as if waiting for them to finish their conversation. He was awfully polite for someone who belonged to a villainous group. The air gem bearer could literally see the confidence oozing from the Helian too.

"Besides, if there's one thing in the universe that's constant, it's science," Hoseok turned towards Emily, who was already standing up. She gripped her bow tightly. "Oh and Emily? Aim for the heart."

Emily nodded and the trio instantly scattered. Hoseok jumped high in the sky as air exploded from the area he once stood. From his view above, he saw Jin surf away with a wave of water, both wrists coated with ice blades. The protector ran out of view, hands occupied by her bow and arrows.