Chapter 18; canoodling

I really want to finish this book. Not because I'm bored and fed up but because before we break up for Christmas in college I'll be having mock exams (test ones) and for those, I'll need to begin revising around a month or so before. I'll have no time to write and I kind of just want to have the majority of this finished then. I also have this mature dark fantasy idea that's been brewing in my head and I'm excited to start writing it.  Enjoy the chapter, lovelies. Thanks for your continued support! 

* * *

Beams of light danced across her eyelids and something was poking the side of her face. Alice frowned at the disturbance and rolled over- with the cover still over her- to the other side of her bed. The smell of rain and musk danced across her senses and she could only hold back in the sigh of content. There was a familiarity to it that she couldn't pinpoint at the time. 

Something poked her again. A chuckle, she thought, sounded behind her and that was when she knew that she hadn't been dreaming. Alice's eyes barely opened before they shut closed once more. The room was unnaturally light and it was rather cold. Shivers trailed over her when a breeze filtered in- goosebumps erupted on her skin.

A content filled sigh passed her lips when the poking stopped and the silence resumed. If this was what peace felt like then she wanted buckets of it. Exhaustion coated her limbs like oil and it made falling back asleep so much easy, especially after the full moon and Colden...her eyes snapped open. 

Jesus bloody Christ! Alice bolted up wide awake at the memory that crashed through her. Dread filtered her mind at the memories of what she had done, who she had done it with and...her eyes flickered over to the balcony doors- they were still closed and untouched. Yet he had been here. He had been here! 

"Glad to see that you rose from the dead," Belle drawled. She sat with her legs crossed at the end off the bed, a smug grin plastered on her face. Alice should be embarrassed at the ache that passed through her core and legs and yet, all she could think about is him.

Colden, Colden, Colden.

Alice couldn't get over the fact that she had let him have his way; her fingers traced her still swollen lip, her breath came out in laboured- anxiety filled- pants and her eyes brimmed with water. She had let him, God, she had let him go down on her for blimming sake! Anxiety coiled in the pit of her stomach at the thought of facing him. If he hadn't known that she didn't find him as distasteful as she'd let on then he certainly would know now. She could barely meet Belle's eyes as she sat and waited for her response but Alice had no words.

What had she done?

He had given her a choice and she had thrown herself at him. Yes, it had stopped her bones from breaking and her body didn't hurt nearly as much as it normally did, but she had always managed and she could have managed if only she had some self-restraint. 

Alice groaned, her hands covering her face from Belle's knowing eyes. And there came the fact that, "you didn't come."

It had been the primary cause as to why her thighs were still soaking wet. She was supposed to, considering they had discussed that matter the day before, but she hadn't. What would have happened if Colden had 'claimed' her like he had wanted to?

"You make me feel human," he had said. Colden had let his vulnerability show. He had let her in and asked her- she swallowed the guilt down- asked her to give him a chance. She made him think that he was a monster. Alice knew that wasn't the case but it didn't mean that things had changed for her.