Chapter 19: Different Angle

A/N: Hey, guess who disappeared for ages again? THIS GUY.

Yeah, life happens and yet the world still moves on. In any case, thanks for sticking with me and enjoy the next chapter.

-----

After some silence, Haizea once again took reign of the conversation. "Please forgive me for being so blunt, but have you perchance fallen in love with Prince Kai?"

Eh, What?

Did... Did she just...?

Fall in love? Me? With Prince Kai? Wha...?

"...Pardon?" I stared at the girl in front of me, dumbfounded.

Nani the hell did she just say?!

Trying my best to at least control my expression, I managed to show a stiff but passable smile. "I have only met his highness Kai Reigieren today. If we were to talk about someone I would be in love with, wouldn't my dear elder brother be a more accurate topic?"

I would rather be known as a brocon at this rate...

Haizea's topaz orbs slightly widened. "If your elder brother fell in love with someone else, how would you react?"

What...? Him falling in love is his business not mine though? Why is she asking these kinds of questions?

Confused, I answered Haizea's question honestly. "Whoever he falls in love with is his business. As long as his relationship with that person does not have a huge negative impact on him, myself or my family then I would accept that person as family."

Hearing my answer, Haizea's expression changed to a pensive one and she began to mumble to herself. "Huh...? Based on the story's official timeline, isn't Velloa supposed to be in love with Prince Kai right now?"

"Eh? 'Official timeline'?" I repeated in surprise and bewilderment.

Haizea's body noticeably jumped after hearing my reaction. "Oh my, please don't mind my words and forgive me for being rude." She quickly said in a terse tone.

'Official timeline' is what she said, right? There's no mistaking it. Is she a reincarnator too? If so, as a self-aware side but major character, whose side is she on?

"The first question you asked, why would you assume such a thing? Would it be wrong of me to fall in love with his highness? After all, at least regarding the political side of things, wouldn't I be a suitable marriage candidate for his highness?" I decided to push and test her.

I could see Haizea nervously sweating at my words. "No! I was merely curious! The both of you seemed to be quite friendly despite his initial cold attitude towards others, so I was wondering if the two of you shared a special relationship..." Her ringlet-styled side ponytail bounced as she anxiously spoke.

Good excuse, but I'm not going to give up on our little interrogation just yet...

"But why were you so curious about me being in love? Especially when it came to my reaction to my dear brother one day finding a partner? Also, you mentioned this 'official timeline', what is that? And why would such a thing mention anything about me and his highness?" I shot out question after question and I could see Haizea further break into cold sweat at each query.

"I- I..." Her gaze swam about as her internal panic leaked out.

Trying to keep a firm and stern stance, I straightened up as I folded my arms. "Please go ahead and explain."