Chapter Five: Playing with Humans.

I'm so sorry it's taken me so long to post the next chapter. My summer has been very busy and sadly I've mostly been working on another story but I will finsih this story. I love Bryn and Lane too much not to. So please bare with me and my slowness. Thank you!!!

***************************************************************************************

“Holy son of a bitch,” Lane groaned, waking me. “What the hell was I thinking?” He rolled over into his pillow and groaned.

            I chuckled. “I think you were thinking maybe if you got drunk you could act like a typical mate instead of an Alpha.” I rubbed his back.

            “Yeah that’s not happening again,” he said with slew of cuss words came out of his mouth afterwards.

            Rolling my eyes I reached in the bedside table and grabbed a painkiller and handed it to Lane. “Oh stop being a baby.”

            “Have you ever had a hangover?”

            I laughed. “Umm no. How many times have you seen me drink? I barely ever drink but when I do I make sure to drink lots of water. Besides it doesn’t take much to get me drunk.” Pulling him to my lap I massaged his head and looked around the room.

            Since I had moved in I put my own touches. The walls were now a soft cream color with navy blue drapes. A small seat bench sat at the foot of the bed while the bedspread matched the drapes. The tv and dresser still took up the wall across the bed but we barely used it. When we were in the room we were either sleeping or other things.

            A bookshelf was next to the big windows and on it were some of my favorite books along with pictures and other keepsakes. My favorite was a picture Kylee had taken on Lane and mine first date. We were wrapped up in each other looking as if we were the only thing in the world. But for some strange reason my favorite thing about the picture wasn’t the way Lane was looking at me but our eyes. They were still the eyes we were born with. Even though I loved Lane’s eyes now I would never forget the gray/green stormy eyes he had. They were so sexy just thinking about them was enough for me.

            “You know you had beautiful eyes too,” Lane said following my gaze to the picture.

            “Had?” I teased. “I still do.”

            “They’re like looking into the sun itself.”

            An idea came to me. “Lane what if my eyes are gold because humans base their world around the sun and yours are silver because we go by the moon? You always say mine are like the sun and yours are like the moon.”

            He shrugged. “That would explain why you have your powers over humans and mine over wolves. Well I’m gonna go get a shower. I smell disgusting.” He kissed me before going to get in the shower.

            I went down to start some breakfast. Emily still had the boys so I sat down at the bar and looked over some of our mail. Nothing new till I saw one from a traveling agency. Curiously I opened it up.

            Somehow Lane had planned a trip for us to go to Hawaii and it was a list of our activates he scheduled. I didn’t know if I was more impressed that he did this or him keeping it a secret from me.

            “So what do you think?” Lane was standing in the doorway with his hands in his pockets. He wasn’t wearing a shirt or shoes and somehow it was my favorite way to see him. His hair was still wet as his eyes read my every motioned.