26

Y/n pov

" But... unnie, even me? You're sure?" Jennie whispers to my ear, so I just smile to her.

" Yes, Jennie, it's fine. You're my friend now." 

She smiles at me and then we just wait for the results to come out. Finally the speaker invites us to the stage, so we go up nervous.

" Finally we have the results! All of the companies, please come onto the stage!"

And so we stand in a row behind the speaker. I bite my lip when now it's Yoongi looking at me from downstairs, but I have to keep calm. He slightly frowns, I guess at my reaction before, but I go back to the ceremony before thinking about him too much. 

Wonwoo's actually trembling and nervously playing with his fingers, so I pinch his elbow. He glances at me, swallows and takes a deep breath, but finally calms down.

" Ok! First of all, we saw really great designs today and everyone looked amazing! So congratulations everybody!" a moment for applause. "And now! Let's see the result of the competition, shall we? For the 3rd place...! Monsta X! Your clothing for men is really creative, congratulations!" 

Screams from the audience and the boys next to me started cheering happily.

"For the 2nd place...! Last year's winner, EXO! You definitely didn't disappoint us this year either! But today we have a new winner! By now I'm sure everyone already heard about this small company who didn't win much actually, but they're everywhere nowadays..." 

I blink and we exchange wide eyes with my team. 

"Well, you may know them as Superstar, but...!" everyone suddenly screams and I jump with Jennie. "But since it's Choi Y/n's company now, they'll be known as Star World! Give it up for our new fashion winner!" 

We all just scream happily and jump towards the speaker who gives us the check and the trophy with a wide smile.

"Wonwoo, since it was your company for a long time, would you like to say something first?" he gives him the mike and my ex boss blinks surprised.

" I uh... well, first I wanna say thank you to all of my teammates, you kept working even though it was so tiring... and we're still the smallest company here, but... now we won and it's all thanks to Choi  Y/n!"

I open my mouth and the rest of my team pushes me to the front. I blink, when Wonwoo just gives me the mike and then I look around still stunned.

I guess it's time to speak, huh...? I smile and grab the mike tighter.

" Hi everybody!" people just chant happily, so I smile wider. "Yes, after I officially take over, I intend to change many things. Not all of them, but I can promise you I will try change them for the better!" 

I look at Yoongi now, who blinks surprised, when our eyes meet. Yes, well... we have to finally do something with us too, so I just hope we'll figure something out. I shake my head and go back to my speech.

"And for those who are curious about Wonwoo, don't worry, I'm not gonna fire him. He'll be still with us, just not as our boss anymore." 

I smile to him and luckily the crowd cheered again, so I feel relieved. I give the mike to the speaker and go back to my team, who cheerfully pat my shoulders with wide smiles.

" Wow, so many news we have today! And even BTS celebrated with us! But the competition's finally over, so please, go over to the after party!"

Everyone scream and quickly rush to the dance room next door, but I decide to stay here a bit longer by myself. I sigh and sit on the chair looking blankly at the ceiling, when I suddenly hear a familiar voice.

" So you're going back to America now, huh? Leaving your stupid husband alone again?"

I look at him, but he only looks at the floor. He's still dressed as an idol, has his make up on and his hair is done. Also he has plenty of earrings, which only makes him look even more like a full course meal. I actually haven't noticed that he has pierced ears before... damn, why does he have to look so fucking hot?! 

But he just looks sad and without any hope on his face. Completely different from what I saw on the stage and that makes me so irritated already. I don't want him to change like this all the time... I sigh.

" Look, Yoon..."

" I know, you probably just want me to die already, right? I get it. You don't have to even do anything, you're already killing me inside out." 

I open my mouth scared and only now I can see how thin he got. He wasn't like this when I was living with him... and I know he's always been pale, but... I guess he really was depressed...

"Don't worry, I won't bother you anymore if you hate me so much. Just go back to your own life, that's fine by me, whatever."

" Wait, Yoongi... have you been eating well?" he looks at me with disgust on his face. Ouch, that hurts...

" What, you're suddenly concerned about my life?" I close my eyes irritated.

" Of course I am, Yoongi, you're my husband..."

" Then why the hell you keep doing this to me?!"

" Because you just keep playing with me! I want us to be a normal couple, but you just keep bringing up new and new problems! I don't wanna hear about you and your other girls, I don't care if you need to screw all the time or not! I'm sorry for what you were through, but it's not like that anymore! If you want your life to be different and be with me, you really need to change! You gotta want it yourself and not only ask me to magically help you! I can't do that!" 

I don't even know when I start crying, but I wipe my tears annoyed with my sleeves.

"You jerk, I'm not a fucking toy for you to play with me like that...!"

" I'm not!" his voice cracks a bit, that's how I know he's crying too, although he doesn't wanna show it. "I do wanna try, it's you who don't trust me!"