one - protection

I had no idea whose idea it had been to propose to the school board to have a sex education class every Friday, last period, but whoever it was must really hate us.

Friday's the last day of the week, where you finally look forward to getting two days off school before having to return and they decided to ruin our weekend by making us cringe at talking about it. I don't know why they thought we would enjoy discussing our private parts, I don't even like discussing those things with myself. I remember the time my mum had tried to address the topic of safe sex to me on my sixteenth birthday - it was possibly the most traumatic experience of my life. It's not like she had to worry anyway, my virginty had any plans on going anywhere for a long while.

As my friend and I walk into class, it's clear that the only two available seats are front row. Obviously the cool kids decide to take a seat at the back so they can all snicker amongst themselves and make crude comments. It was one thing having to listen to this, but having to sit right at the front with no escape from the talk was going to scar me for life.

A few people smirk as Becca and I take our seats at the front, making us both turn a little red. We were basically the nobodys of the school and I guess I was okay with that. Well, I wasn't okay with it - but I guess I just had to be. Sure, it sucks walking past the pretty cheerleaders every morning, however I've grown to get over it now and remind myself I only have a year and a half left with these people.

Mr Raye, the boys' gym coach, walks into the classroom where most of the year were sat. Some people managed to escape the talk by having a private tutoring session, music lesson or other activity to do - although, obviously I didn't take part in anything other than surfing the internet.

Becca and I wince as Mr Raye chucks his bag on the floor and stands in front of us. The principle lingers in the corner of the classroom also, making me feel even more awkward.

"Right, let's get this clear," Mr Raye says in his low and deep voice, "I don't want to be here talking to you lot about doing the deed as much as you don't want to be listening - so just keep your mouths shut,"

Everyone nods their heads in unison - Mr Raye never did fail to leave people speechless.

"Right." He claps his hands together and paces up and down the room, "Now, we're all here right now due to you horny little toads not being able to keep your hands to yourself. Back in my day, I remember when kids used to go outside; ride bikes and stuff. Obviously as this generation becomes wilder by the second - all you kids want to do is hump."

The room was silent and I could feel my face wanted to turn red and just bury my face in embarrassment. Although, no one else seemed to be overly phased so I just slouch in my seat and avoid eye contact with our physco teacher.

"So obviously you guys want to have a good time, you know, experiment a little," Mr Raye shrugs, picking up the metre ruler and pointing it to us, "but you need to remember to protect that stump before you hump; put your brains before your balls; you can't go wrong if you shield your dong; if you think she's spunky-"

"We get it, Mr Raye." The Principle coughs from the corner and the room bursts into laughter as I find myself sinking further into my seat, as if I could possibly disappear.

Mr Raye continues to walk up and down, before beginning again, "I hear what you boys say in the changing rooms..." Mr Raye pauses, looking directly to me before shaking his head, "and it's not pretty, love."

I silently nod, continuing to turn a pink shade and burn up. I felt like being sick, but not feeling physically sick - just from the embarrassment.

"Hey, sir!"

We all turn to the back, knowing exactly whose sexy australian accent that belonged to and all the girls begin to swoon just from the voice. Ashton Irwin. He's sat in the very back corner of the room, with his arms occupied by a girl either side as he sits confidently. He's gorgeous and everyone knows it, even he himself does.