Chapter 3

I opened my eyes slowly as the sound of the annoying living things called as humans were blaring behind me. Looking behind my shoulder due to this inconvenience, I saw a crowd surrounding someone who looked like to be a boy in green and they were praising and telling him to be safe and come back in one piece to which the boy answered them to not worry.

The boy boarded the ship, waving a good bye to these people and shouted that he would be the best Hunter. With that said, chuckles were heard from the low-lives who said that only a few would pass while the rest are just too overconfident or too weak. To top it all off, they added that a kid would not be a Hunter. I made a small smirk.

"I doubt it. You would probably cry and run to your mothers that you were being bullied by a twelve year old kid," I mocked. The men growled at me to which my smirk widen and I looked at them with amusement. Arching my eyebrow, my eyes turned to purple. Due to this, the men had their eyes widened, trying their best to moved or even speak. "Do you have a problem?" I asked, smiling sadistically at them.

One of them tried to answer, saying a 'No.' I smirked as someone actually made an attempt to speak, despite the condition that he was in and I let my eyes changed back to scarlet. "Good," was all I said, giving them a cold eye-closed smile as they coughed and tried to breathe. My smile then turned to a frown as I adverted my gaze to the boy who was standing across from me.

'What does he want now?'

Tilting my head to side, I gave him an annoyed look and by the looks of it, he did not understand why I gave him that face as he smiled at me and outstretched his hand for me to shake. "Hi! I'm Gon Freecss!" He introduced himself. My gaze dropped from his face to his hand then back to his face before I let out a hopeless sigh and walked away from the green freak.

I do not need friends and I do not need people like him to be in my life as he will be a huge burden. A guy like him, being so happy and naive. Being so carefree, and think that everything is just a ray of sunshine and rainbows, can die in only mere seconds. Alas, Vycen told me not to kill anyone during the exams unless needed and so, I had to deal with it, despite the fact that I could just kill anybody and not telling him once I returned. Though, he will know that I am lying as I do live with him ever since the massacre of my clan. It is hopeless.

"Where are you going?" The boy named Gon, asked me, whining slightly and I did not bother to answer. That is, until I froze on to my place, just realising what the boy said.

'Gon Freecss?'

A small smirk made its way to my face as I realised whose son he belongs to before continuing to walk away from Ging's one and only son. As I walked to where ever my legs could lead me, I almost bumped into someone when I turned to a corner, and quickly dodged by spinning to their right. They were shocked to see how quick my reaction was as I stopped spinning and continued on walking to else where.

That is, until I felt a hand coming behind me, making my eyes turned to purple before they could make any contact. I looked behind my shoulder and my cold scarlet eyes met a shocked yet amused pair of brown eyes. His hand was inches away from my shoulder and I looked down to stare at it before looking back at his facial expression.

He was shocked. Surprised. His skin was pale but not as pale as mine. He had blonde hair and a pair of brown eyes. Looking through the soul of this person, he felt the same as I do back when I was still a child yet he does not feel same as I do now. My eyes then adverted to his clothes and I arched my eyebrow to see his familiar clothing.

"A Kurata eh?" I inquired, looking back up to stare at him. The Kurata tried to nod his head despite his frozen figure and I could tell by his eyes that he wanted to know more about my powers and I. Needless to say, I walked away from the blonde, ensuring I was no longer in his range of sight and changed my eyes back to its original colour.