06

Essie stood waiting on the corner of the street where she and Harry had agreed to meet. She had left straight away telling her brother that she was meeting up with their cousin, whom she hadn't actually spoken to in a couple of days.

The girl was early by at least half an hour but she'd rather be early than late in her eyes. Talking to Harry through Instagram was one thing and she couldn't wait to meet him in person, but she couldn't help but be a bag of nerves. They had known each other all do two weeks and were now meeting in person. It's all a bit fast and rather strange isn't it?

But, it isn't though, is it? If she had bumped into Harry in the middle of the streets and traded numbers it would have just been their friendship in reverse, wouldn't it?

Essie fiddled with her, fire-red, hair which she had straightebed in hope that the humidity, being a whole lot more than in Ireland, would be nice.

Rocking on her heels, she tucked her hands into the pockets of her shorts. Her eyes stared at the paving slabs beneath her feet as she heard cars pass by her and turn off onto the other street.

"I guess we're both early," she heard a British accent say with a chuckle.

Looking up she came face to face with Harry. "I guess so," she laughed, biting her lip out of habit.

Harry outstretched his arms and smiling, Essie fell into them, embracing the boy in a hug. "Tom is gonna hate this, you're the same height as him." Harry said and she could practically hear the smirk in his voice.

"Welp, I can't help my height." Essie laughed pulling away from Harry, who, if she did say so, smelt rather nice.

"I guess so," Harry nodded, "its nice to finally meet you properly though, Essie."

"Ditto, Bob." Harry rolled his eyes and catching her by surprise, he lifted the girl up and ran down the path with her over his shoulders. "Harry!" She cried out laughing, kicking her legs up.

"This is payback for saying Sam is the better twin!" He told her and placed her down after a little while.

"I hate you!"

Harry brought his hand to his back pocket and lifted it back to his face placing on his sunglasses. "Can't see the haters."

Essie turned around, folding her arms and sauntered away from Harry without saying a word.

"Essie?!" Harry called after her, "Essie?!"

She politely flipped him off and fastened her pace. Harry chased after her and hearing him nearing her she broke off into a sprint rushing past people who gave the pair strange looks.

Harry kept a smile on his lips until he lost her in a crowd. Once he emerged from the crowd, Essie was nowhere to be seen, he continued to her name and subconsciously he brought his phone out to ring her but soon realised he never actually got her number.

Sighing, Harry sat down on a bench and turned on his mobile data and went onto Instagram.

Where are you??

For ten minutes he walked around aimlessly until Harrison came into view with Sam and Tom, carrying someone on his shoulders.

"Delivery, for Mr Harry 'I lose my new friend' Holland," exclaimed Tom as Harrison and the two Holland brothers came to a halt in front of Harry.

"It's not my fault she ran off!" Harry cried, "anyway what are you lot doing here?"

Harrison chuckled, "we were on a walk and we spotted lil' Essie looking around frantically."

"And then Haz ran over to her flung her over his shoulders and that was that." Sam shrugged, "it's nice to meet you, by the way, Essie."

"Likewise. Harrison Osterfield, please put me down before I throw up my breakfast on you!"

Instantly, Harrison placed her onto her feet and she adjusted her clothes and hair. "Where did you go?" She turned to Harry placing her hands on her hips.

"In the crowd and then looking for you!" Harry retorted bringing her into a hug.

Essie squeaked not ready for being squeezed and Harrison rolled his eyes. "Okay, okay break it up." He pulled the two away from each other and brought Essie into his arms. "My Essie."

Tom, Sam and Harry all watched the boy confused and noticed how chill Essie was with hugging Harrison.

"But I met her first!" Claimed Harry.

Harrison chuckled, "bitch you thought!"

"Huh?"

"There's a reason why Fra doesn't tell him to piss off. He's my cousin." Essie laughed and the boys shared a look of shock.

"And you didn't think to enlighten me of this fact?" Harry turned to Harrison with his eyebrows raised.

The boy shrugged and Tom spoke up, "bro, how long have I known you? And you didn't even tell me?"

Harrison rolled his eyes, "I've told you about her many of times, my cousin Esmerelda."

"Your name is Esmerelda?!" Harry turned to Essie who nodded nonchalantly. "Woah."

"It's such a mystery why I go under Essie isn't it?" She laughed and pushed Harrison off of her. "If Fra asks, I was with you this whole time and met Harry by coincidence. Also Nanny says that when you return from here you need to visit and if you don't she has given me and Fra full permission to look you in the shed."

Harrison saluted his cousin, "yes, miss, yes."

"Can I have my friend back?" Harry asked and put his arm around Essie. "Let's go, leave these twats to themselves."

"Uh, uh, uh!" Called Sam taking hold of his twin. "Why lie to her brother, if we stay with you, she's technically telling him the truth."

Harry rolled his eyes, "ugh! Essie, what do you want to do?"

"Get some suncream." She shrugged causing Harry to furrow his eyebrows, "what? I was literally born to burn! I'm Irish, pale as fuck, and ginger!"

"Fair enough, let's go!" Harry laughed and pulled her along, his brothers and Harrison following behind.

"Now, Harry, keep your hands to yourself. I will not hesitate to hurt you!" Harrison threatened.

"Yeah, yeah, blah, blah, shut the fuck up!"

"Dang you feisty," Claimed Essie.

"If you think that's feisty, you should meet Paddy when he's pissed off." Tom guffawed.

"Please, he looks like a cinnamon roll and is a cinnamon roll. An absolute smol bean!"

"I'm agreeing with Thomas, Essie," said Harrison, "I ate his last sweet once and he chased me with the wrapper threatening to shove it down my throat.

"I don't believe you!"