(J'zargo) A Tad Too Playful

Requested by: AkemmiiChan
————
"So we will begin with something simple... like a ward spell" Tolfdir instructed before going onto an explanation for that particular spell. The feline mage sighed in disappointment and boredom, by now it felt like he was reading a book's same page for a fifty second time. What did Tolfdir think? That they are still novice mages? It is a college of magic, he should teach something advanced.
J'zargo's tired, silvery eyes glanced around the room, not paying the slightest of attention to what Tolfdir said, he didn't need to. A loud noise caused the apprentice's ears to twitch, he glanced at the main door and saw a new face, after so long, walking in. For a moment he thought that a mercenary had lost her way and walked all the way up here, but no. The armored woman walked towards the ongoing lecture and stood rather informally, as if she was about to make a jest. But when she noticed J'zargo staring at her, she smiled mockingly, straightened her posture and imitated a noble. The khajiit knew he already was going to argue and fight with this woman on a regular basis if they crossed each other's paths.
"What do you think we should start with (y/n)?" Tolfdir asked the newest mage. (Y/n) wasn't paying much attention to begin with, if J'zargo didn't know any better, he would say she was zoning out from the moment she stepped towards this lecture. Not that he could blame her, the lecture was very boring indeed.
J'zargo slowly nodded his head, signing her to not pick the demonstration about wards. The bosmer blinked her eyes a couple of times in confusion before she began to speak
"Uh... since magic is dangerous, we could probably learn how to conjure armor and stuff first?" she muttered casually
"See? Everyone should be this wise" Tolfdir praised
"What does she..." J'zargo was interrupted by the senior wizard
"No buts, let's begin the ward spell"
"This is going to be a long day J'zargo" the apprentice mage slapped himself internally and braced himself to endure learning this spell for the hundredth of times.
The demonstration was boring already, and with Tolfdir explaining even the slightest details with a thousand words each didn't help at all. Next thing the khajiit knows is Onmund nudging at his elbow to bring him back from his boredom induced musings.
The lecture soon ended and Tolfdir announced an opportunity to do a more advanced research in Saarthal. But as it was already evening, leaving now wasn't a good idea, so they would depart the next morning. J'zargo took a deep breath and left for his quarters.

The sound of paper echoed in the isolated library as he flipped through the pages of an old book. Even Urag 'the Daedric prince of the college library' was missing.
Well the less people there are, the better. J'zargo was lost in the ancient texts and informations about magic, when he was startled by someone who didn't even intend to. "Skyrim is so damn cold" the newest mage said sitting down beside the khajiit, smelling of ale "I think *hic* I know why... 'cause sky's rim? Hah! Get it?!" (Y/n) laughed a little too excessively for a pun this obvious, but maybe it was just the alcohol.
J'zargo rubbed his temples "what was Mirabelle thinking" he mumbled before closing his book and standing up. The khajiit's day was ruined.
"Ey! Where are *hic* goin?" she said, standing up from the table and following the apprentice mage, tumbling around.
"You know that your stay in this college will be short when you walk around drunk like that?" J'zargo said as he kept the book in a shelf, crossing his arms and frowning
"C'mon, you wouldn't tell that to anyone now buddy?!" she giggled and accidentally rested her arms on his shoulders, smiling obliviously.
J'zargo looked at her then at her arms around him, he sighed in disappointment. The apprentice mage held her arms and removed them from his shoulders, she realized the inappropriateness and mumbled an apology.
"This one won't, unless..." a sly smile curled his lips, the woman flashed her eyebrows mischievously at his response. J'zargo shook his head "did you really just think..." he changed the subject and quickly took out a scroll "alright since you are the risk taker, why don't you experiment this scroll for me?" he said as he forwarded the scroll towards her, the wood elf's eyes lit up with curiosity as if she found a hidden treasure.
"What does it do..." she took the glowing scroll from the khajiit and stared at it happily, attempting to unfurl it
"Now don't unfurl!..." J'zargo was too late to warn her, as she opened the scroll and caused an explosion on herself and around her.
The khajiit, fortunately defended himself with a ward but as soon as the smoke disappeared he saw (y/n) laying on the floor, but unharmed from the explosion.
"Am I in Sovngarde? But I'm not a Nord, and why does Sovngarde look like a damn library, nords secretly have a crush on books or what?" (Y/n) stopped mumbling when she sat up and noticed J'zargo "oh never mind you're here, I'm still alive" she stood up, still unable to stand straight from the ale.
"By the twin moons" J'zargo exhaled in utter disbelief, truly this was going to be a long day and a longer explanation to teach her about scrolls...